Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-29-2006, 01:38 PM
VideoKarma Member

Need info on Sanyo AVM261 25" Pro-Ponent TV...

I need more info on this TV. It's a 1986 Sanyo AVM261 25"-27" Pro-Ponent TV. I am seriously interested in buying this TV from the seller, but I would like to know how is the quality in Sanyo TVs made in 1986 in general? Do they sound like that they can run forever? Are there any known problems? According to the seller, he told me that it is still working today and has never broke down once yet since the last 20 years of use. According to the old Consumer Reports I have, Sanyo was rated #1 in reliability than any other 1986 TV brands, including Sony, RCA, and Zenith. The TV originally came with a 3 years parts and labor standard warranty by Sanyo when he bought it new. Sanyo provided the longest warranty in their products than any other brands. Looks like a good buy here. Does that mean Sanyo made the most durable TVs back then?

I don't have any picture to provide, but it's a table-top TV with a glass cover covering the screen. It is beige color. It is assembled in USA with parts manufactured in Japan.

Thanks for your help.

P.S Please do not give me the quality of Fisher TVs in general. I know Fisher is made by Sanyo, but Fisher products do not share the same parts and build quality found in Sanyo products. In fact, Fisher is listed as the most unreliable brand in the list and had a short warranty. (Kind of funny)
Old 01-01-2007, 02:17 PM
Gimpus Stereophilus!

Hi,

This Sanyo should be superbly reliable. Sanyo in that era had one of the most reliable sets you could get then. My daily watcher is a 1983-1984 (first year of the current logo) Sanyo 19" color TV. This set has survived several lightning surges and has never had a servicing. I would buy another again if they are as reliable now without a second thought. Still has a nice bright picture on the original CRT. I like their TV sets!
Old 01-03-2007, 12:55 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentTeffeteller
I would buy another again if they are as reliable now without a second thought. Still has a nice bright picture on the original CRT. I like their TV sets!
Today, no.