Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-07-2005, 11:33 AM
Piratetc

Admiral AM FM Radio identification

I have an Admiral AM FM tube radio, probably from the 60’s or 70’s that I am trying to identify the model number and/or chassis number, as I need to get a schematic for troubleshooting purposes. The model number was on a tag attached to the bottom of the radio that has detoriated with age and this information is missing. Here is all the information that I have found:

Mfg.: Admiral (Made in Japan for Admiral)
Serial Number: 522406
Chicago 47, Illinois

Inside the radio case is stamped:
T
WATABE

Information that is still visible on the tag located on the bottom of the radio:
Tubes listed for the radio:
12AV6 - 1 each
12BA6 - 2 each
12BE6 - 1 each
17EW8 - 1 each
50EH5 - 1 each

Also, on the tag is stamped N40D440-282

The radio is in a wooden case, has 2 speakers, one on each side with the controls and station dial in the center section.

Has 4 Control Knobs:
(Off/On/Volume)
(Tone)
(AM/FM/AFC/Phono)
(Tuning)

On the back there is a Phono input jack as well as FM antenna terminals.

The dimensions of the radio are:
14 inches wide by 5.5 inches deep by 8 inches tall.

This is all the information that I have found or identified; any help in identifying the model number and/or chassis number of this radio is greatly appreciated.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:30 PM
Shaken, not stirred

I think the key is found in your stamped number, the one ending with 282. The research info I have on Admiral doesn't list that number, but others close in the series. The closest I could find is the Model 303: "table, 1958, wood, lower front slide rule dial, large upper grill, 2 knobs, BC/FM, 6 tubes, AC/DC".

Like many others, Admiral checked out in the late 70s due to cheaper Japanese imports. But in their day, Chicago based Admiral made SLEWS of table radios, 90% in plastic cases. Search around more, I'm sure you'll find more info.