Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-06-2010, 07:55 PM
Respect the tube!

Exclamation Sony DCRVX-1000 eject issue HELP

Ok, not sure if this is the best forum for this but I guess we will see. Moderator, please feel free to move it to a more appropriate forum.

So, I have a DCRVX-1000 camcorder by Sony. The tape carriage assembly was working fine then jammed. I have done my level best to reset the assembly. I even apply 3 volts to the motor that activates the assembly and verified that the carriage is moving and ejecting freely.

However, when I connect it all back up...only the head spins up and I get a fast beeping and the eject icon appears on the viewfinder.

There is a little spring that has turned up on the workbench but I do not see a spot where it would go in the mechanism. Any ideas or thoughts about getting this going would be appreciated.

I just used the camera a couple of days ago and it worked fine...until it jammed.

The only motor that is being activated is the heads.....the capstan and carriage motors are not being activated at all. I have tried dumping the camera memory but that has not had any effect.

Thoughts are ideas would be greatly appreciated. I have not been able to locate a parts view of the tape carriage assembly.

Thanks.