Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-31-2003, 01:17 PM
VideoKarma Member

1963 Admiral "roundie"

Here's a '63 Admiral that I got from a customer back in '81! Forgot that I still had it, My uncle's garage has been its home since then. The convergence yoke turned to dust and will need to be replaced now as well as one of the 'lytics. I replaced the fly when I originally got this set, It had a great picture back then. I had so many round tube sets from the tv shop, Just forgot about them when I started colecting late 60's stuff. Some are still in my uncle's basement and I will start digging them out. If you look at the top of the hv cage you will see the paint burnt off from when the fly went!
Old 03-31-2003, 04:28 PM
Banned

Captain,

Trust a techie who posts only one picture of a set to post the one of the back. Did you take any of the front? That flyback fire sure made some heat! Lucky it didn't take out the CRT.

Some time ago I asked you if you had any more roundies than the one on ebay and you said no. Now with your newly discovered inventory are there any other roundies you might wish to part with? I am always looking for these, especially those with flat safety glass. Reply in PM if you wish.

Rob
Old 03-31-2003, 04:55 PM
VideoKarma Member

Smile want to sell

i would like a chance also at the admiral and others. thanks steve i also would like to see the front
Old 03-31-2003, 06:29 PM
VideoKarma Member

Ok, Here's the front. My nephew took off the knobs when he was 3 yrs old ( he is 25 now) Am still trying to find them!
Old 03-31-2003, 06:47 PM
VideoKarma Member

Here's my CTC16. It has been sitting as long as the admiral. My customer gave it to me because of the delamination problem. The picture was still like new back then, I just never got around to fixing it. Back then, I used a piece of plexiglass to remove the pva but it took forever and that is probably why it never got done. With Doug's idea now about the heat gun it may not be so bad.

I guess that my "packrat" ways have gotten out of hand over the years, I seem to have forgotten what and where I have stashed! I know I still have some items back in NC where I used to live, Will go back this summer to the farm and see. I am going to bring back my '64 Galaxie then.
Audiokarma