Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Site News

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-13-2014, 04:29 PM
VideoKarma Member

Pics of 21FJP22 tube ::Notice front--NO cataracts !!

Crack and piece missing from base--but useable anyway.
Loaded with Zenith neck gear for the moment.

Tests pretty good on all guns after wake up. Not new--but more than useable for some old roundie needing it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0713141435.jpg (43.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 0713141436.jpg (47.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 0713141518.jpg (65.3 KB, 20 views)
Old 07-13-2014, 05:57 PM
VideoKarma Member

How much for the FJP22? I may bring up my 12LP4 to sell or trade. I am sure I can get it in the car . Of course then I have to figure out what to do with it until the first of August when I come home.
Old 07-14-2014, 01:31 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill R View Post
How much for the FJP22? I may bring up my 12LP4 to sell or trade. I am sure I can get it in the car . Of course then I have to figure out what to do with it until the first of August when I come home.
If you're in the Chicago area that long, you ought to at least stay for the ARCI Radiofest. http://www.antique-radios.org/radiofest_info.html

Old 07-14-2014, 10:23 AM
VideoKarma Member

Less than a week away.

Please. if you haven't already done so, make sure to spread the word on this meet. Without people attending (and bringing TVs and related items to sell), this meet won't be successful. I'd like to see this as an annual event, but if it doesn't get a good start, this may be the last.

So call or email your TV collecting friends. Many don't read the forums here, and many that do may not look in this category to have read about the swap. Thanks.

Old 07-14-2014, 10:31 AM
Workin' Late Again

I was wanting to attend this event, however I have another obligation on Saturday that's going to make it impossible for me to get back home, load up, and make the long drive safely. I sure hope it's a successful event so I can attend another in the future.
Audiokarma
Old 07-14-2014, 12:50 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Kuehn View Post
I was wanting to attend this event, however I have another obligation on Saturday that's going to make it impossible for me to get back home, load up, and make the long drive safely. I sure hope it's a successful event so I can attend another in the future.
I sure hope it is too!
Most of the stuff, I'll be bringing, belongs to a friend, that's been collecting for 30 some years.
I told him to gather all tube sets, as there isn't a whole lot of interest in solid-state, at this time.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:34 PM
VideoKarma Member

I just added a Stewart-Warner mirror-in-lid set and two Predicta Tandem sets to the list of things I'm bringing down.

Last edited by WISCOJIM; 07-14-2014 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Changed Sparton to Stewart-Warner.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:39 PM
Tinker

I - 94 Zoo Interchange Work

Hi,
If your coming to the TV swap meet July 20, 2014 from west of Milwaukee,
you may want to take an alternate route. I - 94 east and west bound at I-894/ U.S. 45 is going to be shut down.

I copied this News Clip today.

Wisconsin drivers have one week to prepare for the summer's most unwelcome spectacle.

A full closure of I-94 westbound and eastbound, between Highway 100 and U.S. 45, is scheduled a week from now for major work on the $1.7 billion reconstruction of the Zoo Interchange, the busiest in Wisconsin.

The closure begins at 11 p.m. Friday, July 18, and ends at 5:30 a.m. Monday, July 21. Northbound and southbound traffic on I-894/U.S. 45 will remain open.

Ed
Old 07-15-2014, 03:42 PM
VideoKarma Member

Ok--so what "alternate route" do you suggest I take from CInci. Ohio then? Other than 94 or such.
Old 07-15-2014, 04:12 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rca2000 View Post
Ok--so what "alternate route" do you suggest I take from CInci. Ohio then? Other than 94 or such.
You'll be fine taking I-94 all the way to the airport exit. It's where I-94 crosses the 894 bypass west of Milwaukee that's going to be messed up.

Audiokarma
Old 07-18-2014, 10:06 AM
VideoKarma Member

A few things to consider:

Get there early, if at all possible. The early bird gets the worm. The meet is posted to run from 8AM to 11AM, but some sellers are often ready to deal by 6:30AM.

Bring lots of cash. Most of our attendees probably don't know you and may be reluctant to take your checks. Plus cash in the hand is great for bargaining.

If you have TV sets or other related items to sell at home that you aren't bringing along, please make a list, copy it, and distribute the copies among the attendees. Feel free to leave some copies at the hospitality table also. Make sure you provide adequate contact information.

You may want to bring along tarps, blankets, tables, etc. to set your items on. Also chairs if you want to sit.

The meet is held in an asphault parking lot, and it can get hot! Bring your sunscreen and hats to protect yourselves.

If held at the front building (Landmark), the fenced in parking area will be for sellers only. Buyers/spectators should drive straight through this lot beyond the gates in the cyclone fence to the general parking area. We will have spotters to try to catch everyone as they pass the hospitality tent to direct them. We are also going to try to guide the TV sellers into the left side of the selling lot, to make it easier to converse with each other.

If held at the back building (Terminal), the lot is huge, and we will just try to direct all the TV folks into a common area.

It will be obvious as you enter the driveway which lot we will be using.

Whether buying or selling, please stop by the hospitality tent to pick up a nametag. This will allow us to recognize fellow Videokarma members.

Remember, there is a $10 fee for non club members to set up to sell at our meets.

I'd also like to collect your names and contact information at the hospitality table, so I may contact you for feedback on our event and keep you informed of future such events.

And of course, you are always welcome to join our club, offer suggestions, register your complaints, etc. We don't know if we are doing things right or wrong unless someone tells us.

Thanks to you all!

Jim Menning
Old 07-18-2014, 09:10 PM
M is for Memory

Okay! To buy anything of size without issue I gotta sell. And I only have a previous body style Honda CR-Vs worth of space to transport stuff with so I can only bring some of the stuff I'm about to list, thus once the Honda is full it's full, and if you don't ask me to bring something there is only a small chance I will (even if I want it gone).

Alright now for sets I want gone.
1977 Quasar, working with soft focus, factory equipped with 75ohm coax connector, 15$ OBO.

Late 60's monochrome GE solid state portable, works, 25$OBO.

1977 9"(IIRC) monochrome Zenith portable, works, 30$ OBO.

1985 Zenith monochrome portable, works, 10$ OBO.

1978(IIRC) Zenith system 3, with instruction book, works great, 20$OBO.

Blue monochrome portable, believed to work, 5$OBO.

Panasonic popup portable, works, 20$OBO.

Now for some kind of don't want to sell, but ought to sets.

Color cluster.
1972 Sylvania POS color, works, but no sound, and other issues 20$.
1976 Zenith color CCII vertical chassis deltagun set with stand, works GREAT, 30$.
70's Zenith color flat chassis CCII, works, 25$
1967 Admiral remote color console (bottom left), works but CRT almost dead 65$.
late 60's Zenith, with freshly installed NOS CRT, works 170$.
I acquired the first sets to pirate the a CRT out of for the listed Admiral, but don't have the heart to part out one for it's CRT. I will not sell them to someone that wants to part them out.

50's RCA mostly recapped working, 50$ without stand, 75$ with stand, with weakish original CRT who's curvature better matches the mask add 55$ to option or separate for 75$.

More to come in next post...

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 07-18-2014, 10:04 PM
M is for Memory

Admiral bakelite set, works but CRT almost totally dead (if it don't pre-sell I'll be looking for a 12LP4) 75$.
Grinnell (Olympic re-badged) works, 75$. (will bundle with Majestic for 100$)
Majestic, works, 75$.

1976 Zenith CCII, works with intermittents, 55$

1965 Philco roundy, works 250$.

1958 Setchell Carlson, works, but has dirty tuner and pots 50$.
1953 Zenith, works, comes with stand, and top loading VCR (which is the only RF modulator it likes) 80$.

1955 RCA CTC-4 Seville project, 90% recapped, with a gassy 21AXP and good 21FBP(installed) 1200$. Needs new IF board or new IF socket + AGC troubleshooting + full alignment, as well as refinishing, back, yoke cover, and other misc stuff.
http://s1095.photobucket.com/user/El...?sort=3&page=1
http://videokarma.org/showthread.php...erized+seville

CRTs.

Tests on the lower end of good, face scratched 60$.

Unusable gassy Zenith 21FJP22 and or mounting hardware 5$.

7JP4 displays a bright raster when connected to a half restored moto VT-71 250$ (negotiable).

NOS 12CNP4 (not pictured), untested, 50$.

I don't want to bring a ton of stuff there just to haul it back, so if no responses I'll probably not bring very much.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 07-19-2014, 07:44 PM
VideoKarma Member

I am here, at the value inn, a few miles from the meet.

I brought my 21FJP22 tube, a 17DQP4 tube, supposed to be new, my 16GP4 tube I spoke about...and my portacolor set I have--clean and looks nice, has a vertical issue. --all for sale.

Did NOT realize you all are an hour behind here...

going to get some supper. will be back later...
Old 07-19-2014, 09:13 PM
VideoKarma Member

Glad you made it rca2000.

I'll be going to bed shortly, I need to get up in 5-1/2 hours to make the drive down from Appleton. I expect to be on site by 6AM at the latest to start setting up.

Here are a few more sets that made it into the trailer today:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copy of IMG_2275.jpg (67.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Copy of IMG_2273.jpg (48.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Copy of IMG_2274.jpg (60.9 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Copy of IMG_2272.jpg (72.1 KB, 9 views)
Audiokarma