Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-01-2023, 08:41 AM
VideoKarma Member

Yup thats the original jug. Almost 50 yrs & still quite usable.
Make a list for subs. CC2 sets are real common & probably use
the same one. Just be sure its a 30 Kv tube. Hybrids will
have 25 Kv so no go. I think you have a 25VDQP22
check the Sams.
The set up looks good. Last test is turn off the lights & turn everything down low. If the pix gets sharper its CRT

Zeno
Old 11-16-2023, 07:06 PM
VideoKarma Member

I've been checking possible replacement tubes off and on lately. I have a line on a NOS 25VAQP22, but I am not sure if it is a possible replacement.

I know the following information.

I have a 25VBQP22 in the set (looked like a D in the picture, confirmed with the Sams).
Per a 1976 Zenith interchangeability guide, the 25VAQP22 and 25VBQP22 (also equivalent to a 25VBNP22) are both replaceable by a 25VCNP22.

Per a 1982 Zenith guide, the 25VAQP22 is listed as a direct replacement for the 25VBNP22.

I am fairly confident that the 25VAQP22 will replace the 25VBQP22 based on that chain of equivalences, but I was wondering if anyone has information regarding this?
Old 11-18-2023, 07:22 PM
VideoKarma Member

I am at the same place with my 25DC56 restoration. My set has the original Zenith 25VBQP22 CRT. I believe my set is low hour but it was plugged in it's entire life, prior to me purchasing it on FB last year. My CRT tests good on a Sencore CR70 but does not test well with the life test. The red gun is the weakest of the 3 and no matter how I set it up, it does not want to track well. The focus peaks but isn't very good. It looks much better in low light. I did not try to rejuvenate/restore because it is still watchable. I'm hoping to get my set to a better level.

I have several generations of Zenith, Video Display, and Sylvania CRT guides and came to the same conclusion you did that the 25VAQP22 was a substitute. I was able to find a VDC 25VAQP22 and plan to install it over the holiday weekend and will let you know. Is the tube you are considering NOS or rebuilt?

I haven't been able to understand how a rebuilt VDC 25VAQ compares to the original Zenith CRT? Black Matrix? How did the rebuilders, Zenith, Sylvania, RCA, VDC, compare with each other?
Old 11-19-2023, 01:48 PM
VideoKarma Member

Zeniths solid states with DC, EC FC & maybe CC chassii are
instant on. Be sure its working, when turned on cold it should come
right up in a few seconds.
All flat chassii & early CC2 uprights MUST have new 22-5001 HV
safety caps IF they are white. Orange ones are OK.
Late EC & FC chassii uses the 4 lead cap. Be sure it is orange.
Also be sure you use the right one ! There are at least 3 others for different
Chassii such as 13", EFL CRT's , System 3 etc. Most uprights
used the 800-860 kit BUT be sure !

enuf fer now
73 Zeno
LFOD !
Old 11-19-2023, 07:00 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamT View Post
I am at the same place with my 25DC56 restoration. My set has the original Zenith 25VBQP22 CRT. I believe my set is low hour but it was plugged in it's entire life, prior to me purchasing it on FB last year. My CRT tests good on a Sencore CR70 but does not test well with the life test. The red gun is the weakest of the 3 and no matter how I set it up, it does not want to track well. The focus peaks but isn't very good. It looks much better in low light. I did not try to rejuvenate/restore because it is still watchable. I'm hoping to get my set to a better level.

I have several generations of Zenith, Video Display, and Sylvania CRT guides and came to the same conclusion you did that the 25VAQP22 was a substitute. I was able to find a VDC 25VAQP22 and plan to install it over the holiday weekend and will let you know. Is the tube you are considering NOS or rebuilt?

I haven't been able to understand how a rebuilt VDC 25VAQ compares to the original Zenith CRT? Black Matrix? How did the rebuilders, Zenith, Sylvania, RCA, VDC, compare with each other?
I look forward to hearing back from your efforts! I was able to get a NOS tube, but am currently working the shipping logistics part of it.

I currently have the same issues as well, but have done all of the replacements mentioned by Zeno. (Set comes on quickly). Thanks again Zeno and all who chimed in for helping getting my set to at least the "usable" level it is at.
Audiokarma