Go Back TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > The Amateur Radio Spot

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2018, 09:26 PM
Doug Doug is offline
VideoKarma Member
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Beavercreek,Ohio
Posts: 64
Are these tube style adapters

These go from 11 pin tube socket to 7 and 9 pin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2018-04-12 22.18.10.jpg (136.0 KB, 72 views)
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 09:41 PM
Electronic M's Avatar
Electronic M Electronic M is offline
M is for Memory
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pewaukee/Delafield Wi
Posts: 10,495
I can't recall any 11 pin tubes. Based on the component count those are probably modules. In the tube computer era they would make an op amp module that had sockets for 2 tubes and another tube style connector for connection of the amp module into the main chassis.

The bottom octal style base with pins is probably for connecting those modules to chassis.

Tube style connectors were used for more than just tubes. Many wire harnesses in consumer equipment used tube bases/sockets as a cheaper alternative to molex connectors. Relays and numerical display devices also used tube sockets/bases at their connectors.
Tom C.

What I want. -->

Reading between the scan lines since the mid 2000's.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 12:21 PM
Doug Doug is offline
VideoKarma Member
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Beavercreek,Ohio
Posts: 64
So attached is what I drew..looks like a single amp.
What I reference c1 looks like a resistor may be just open.cap checker did give 1nf. anyway color code on
It white red black brown silver on a brown body..
I assume if values of c1. C2 are correct its a high freq amp.
I agree with the 11pin being just a connector.
I do appreciate the reply.
Most of these modules are 7 pin others 9 pin tube sockets on top all 11 pin on bottom.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Single tube amp.pdf (111.6 KB, 23 views)
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 10:42 AM
N2IXK's Avatar
N2IXK N2IXK is offline
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sittin' on the "Group W" bench...
Posts: 771
About the only tubes that used the 11 pin base were photomultipliers like the 931A type used in the B&K TV analysts. They were pretty common on industrial relays, allowing 3 SPDT contact sets, and 2 pins for the coil.

The 11 Pin plug/socket were also pretty commonly used for connecting external power supply units to vintage ham transceivers. Like the HP-23 supplies used with the Heathkit SB-line.

Last edited by N2IXK; 05-02-2018 at 10:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 09:48 PM
Doug Doug is offline
VideoKarma Member
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Beavercreek,Ohio
Posts: 64
I appreciate all replies..if these were marked the tube number
It would help greatly. Maybe something military or comercial
That needed y he tube and associated parts replaced quickly reducing down time
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 07:46 PM
dtvmcdonald's Avatar
dtvmcdonald dtvmcdonald is offline
VideoKarma Member
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 866
11 pin photomultipliers are still very very common. I've used tons of them.
The big manufacturer is Hamamatsu. Some are not cheap. For some scientific applications NOS old old RCA 1P28s are perfectly fine. In some ways these side-on
ones are STILL better than the more modern front-on ones.
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ęCopyright 2012, All rights reserved.