Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Television Broadcast Gear

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-21-2014, 06:54 PM
VideoKarma Member

JB - is the Museum of Broadcast Technology in Woonsocket, RI open to the public? Every time I look at their website, it says they are not. I would love to see it since I get to the Boston area several times a year. I recently saw a MBT YouTube video showing them demo a Quad VTR. I even saw an old RCA TRT-1B (although not running) in the background. I would love to visit it. Any news on when they may open? Thanks.
Old 09-29-2014, 04:39 PM
VideoKarma Member

HJi John-

The website hasn't been updated since we started, much to my frustration. Some of us still have day jobs, but there is usually someone there Staurdays. We also host local chapter meetings of the SBE, SMPTE, and once for a ham club. Our mission is to make the gear operational.

We have operational live cameras, 2" VTRs, RCA telecines (26,27,28). The TRT-1 is going to require a lot of effort, as is the VR-1000. But the TR-70, TR-600, and AVR-2s are running.

Our biggest challenge is funding and recruiting competent technicians-ones that can handle a scope, and work on tube gear without getting burned, or worse.

We also are overstocked with certain camera models such as TK-60s and assorted Ikegami models. Contact me off list TK41C@aol.com, or alternatively, Paul_Beck@emerson.edu.

We are always in the market for NIB spares-RCA, Ampex, Conrac, Tektronix,etc.

Regards,

JB