Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Vintage TV & Radio Tech Forum

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-25-2009, 11:06 PM
2 many toys,Not enough $$

Question '53 Packard Bell cabinet

Hey ya'll. I have a cabinet that needs cleaning up,some scratches that need filled in (Not major deep),things like that. Basically 56 years of home use but its not to bad. I don't want to have it re-finished as it would not look right to me and drop value. What are some things I can do to help this cabinet out? Also,I noticed that it has some gashes on the inside walls where the chassis was removed because of the pic tube width. The tube sticker has them too,Can I get the gashes filled in or is it permanent? The tube layout sticker is not really a problem,take a picture then have another paper sticker printed to the same size. It has a mahogany wood. I also have a '29 Majestic that needs the cabinet cleaned inside and some pieces re-glued. It needs some outer cleaning as it has some white stuff on it towards the bottom but it has came off so far. I need some parts for it so if anyone knows where I can get them I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.