Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-26-2014, 06:53 PM
VideoKarma Member

A very lucky Hi8 find

Well, it was Kings Day yesterday (27th April), and as usual we visited a market in Sappemeer. There's 5 parts: 2 Children's fleamarkets, 1 regular fleamarket, 1 church fleamarket and 1 commercial market. At the church's fleamarket, we were looking for a VCR. We thought we didn't have one (actually found a working Sony lying on the loft), so we walked over to the electronics. Sure enough, two VCRs. But the bottom one was directly my aim. Albeit dirty, it had both HiFi VHS... and Hi8! It was a Sony SLV-T2000. I directly went for that. Asked for the price, 3 euros. Heck yes I'll take it for that price! At home: Hi8 worked perfectly, VHS is a bit dead. It does nothing but make motor noise when you give it any command. I actually was able to get the tape out that was in it before (there even was a left behind Hi8 tape in it), load a different unimportant tape, played it a bit, and then when attempting to eject, it did the same. Anyways, I have a stack of our own family videos I am supposed to transfer to the PC with the Handycam, but I have two USB capture cards, multiple PCs, and now two Hi8 players, so I can actually speed up the process. And having some empty tape around, yes, I can record something on Hi8
Old 04-26-2014, 09:11 PM
<---WANTED: Motorola 17P6

Think i have some hi8 tapes and am in search of a player, camcorder went kablooey...

SR
Old 04-29-2014, 03:03 AM
Analogue is Awesome

Wow quite lucky my friend,shes very pretty!