Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Site News

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-14-2011, 05:36 PM
VideoKarma Member

Hello Videokarma !!!!!! :)

YES !!!!! ITS FIXED !!!!!

I did what Reece told me (actually had my Son do it) and it worked ! My access to VK has been restored . I didnt want to leave , I was just afraid Id do my computer damage by locking it up like it was doing , but now all is well with no lockups or script warnings .

Thank You for the patience you all have shown to this old guy computer newbie , and I'm REALLY glad I dont have to give up VK ( I like this site enough to have it in my favorites tab and I reccomend it to all that ask me about my old radios and TV )

Aint modern technology just wonderfull ............

Last edited by init4fun; 10-16-2011 at 09:03 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:34 PM
M is for Memory

I've never seen what you describe. Are you sure your computer is functioning properly, and not infected with a virus, of some such??

There will be a pop up on visiting the site if one of the members has sent you a personal message, friend request, or some such notification of something of note in your private user settings/info/control page. To disable those popups all you have to do is view that page (the link is in the upper right hand corner below your username, when you are loged in of course).

I've never had any ads for products, or services pop up on me when visiting the site, and I can't immagine them making pop ups that only affect some users.

Hope this issue clears up for you.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 10-14-2011, 09:56 PM
RCA 741PCS

I've never had any problems either. Are the warnings coming from your Anti-virus/spyware utility ?
Old 10-14-2011, 10:50 PM
Administrator

It's most likely the AdChoices advertisements that run at the top of the page, this is something you probably have to tell your software to ignore.
Most Sites uses Cookies so you don't have to log in each time you return and so you can see what posts are new since you were last here, etc.

Which program is it exactly that's giving you this warning, is it your antivirus or Firewall.

I've been here years and there is nothing malicious running that I've ever heard about.
Old 10-15-2011, 01:28 PM
<----Zenith C845

I wouldn't be in such a hurry to leave VK. Your problem is probably very easy to solve; it is probably, as Eric H. mentioned, a software program which is now set to block ad banners, including those on VK. Delete/disable this program or set it to allow the banners; your site access issue should be solved. I put a program (Adblock Plus) on my computer some time ago that blocks the AdChoices banners on VK's pages, as well as unwanted ads on other sites. I've been using this program for months; never had any problems with it blocking my access to anything on the web, including VK. I also have NoScript, which blocks unwanted scripts but can be set to allow scripts from trusted sites. If you have this program, put VK in its "whitelist" (the script will be allowed to run). Again, your non-responsive script issue should be solved.

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.

Last edited by Jeffhs; 10-16-2011 at 11:48 AM.
Audiokarma
Old 10-15-2011, 02:15 PM
VideoKarma Member

I'm afraid he may never see any of the replies here.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:21 PM
VideoKarma Member

I had the same problem with the crappy little netbook computer - finally let the machine do the Microsoft upgrades and upgrade to IE 8 and now no problems.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:22 PM
Not sure how I got here.

He said script warning. This is best fixed using Firefox and the noscript addon. And yes you can get unresponsive slow running script warnings on older slower 1ghz or slower with the scripts that ads often run to be sure they are not blocked. Noscript stops those scripts run by the ad companies. It is pretty funny though that he may not decide to look at these responses though.... already jumped! I agree though, those ads and the scripts they run are quite annoying if your on an older computer.... Of course his computer could be jammed with all kinds of anti-virus stuff that it hardly runs....
Old 10-15-2011, 07:17 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username1 View Post
He said script warning. This is best fixed using Firefox and the noscript addon. And yes you can get unresponsive slow running script warnings on older slower 1ghz or slower with the scripts that ads often run to be sure they are not blocked. Noscript stops those scripts run by the ad companies.
I get unresponsive script warnings when I visit this site with an old Asus Eee RC (2G surf model). Turning off javaScript on that computer works well enough for me. It is usually something about "skimresources" that causes the old Eee to hiccup!
jr
Old 10-15-2011, 10:56 PM
VideoKarma Member

Never a problem here, either. This is actually one of the smoother running sites I visit.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:54 AM
VideoKarma Member

I was not able to get on VK either with the same problem as the original poster and I tried various things to no avail. Finally I went to Tools/Windows Updates. It suggested that I update from IE7 to IE8 as a critical update. That did it for me. I will try to communicate same to the original poster: he also posted his problem over on ARF.

Perfection is hard to reach with a screwdriver.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:05 PM
VideoKarma Member

Having the same problem, same script warning, crashes my internet connection. I am no comp guru so not sure why but it just started a few days ago. My term serv comp works ok (why I am able to type this).
Old 10-16-2011, 06:22 PM
Administrator

I wonder if it has anything to do with Microsoft's updates?
I seem to recall a big one last Tuesday?
Running Windows 7 and AVG here, Windows Firewall only and no issues with scripts.

Perhaps your JAVA software needs an update?
I have no idea what the Ad Ware runs on but Java is common.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:16 PM
Banned

no problems here or on AK sounds like a java script or antivirus prob. as others have mentioned what browser are you using ?
Old 10-16-2011, 09:05 PM
VideoKarma Member

Yes !!!!! See post one for my update/edit

Gawd I just love that dancin bananna !!!!!
Audiokarma