Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:11 PM
VideoKarma Member

pansonic 1" kinescope

Hi All;
I am not sure If this is the correct place to ask this.. I have a Panasonic 1" kinescope from an old VHS Camera, it is the viewer for the camera.. I Don't have the Camera any more, but would like to experiment with it and see If I can get it to work.. It has about a 1" by 6" circuit board with a number on the flyback (I don't know if it is the fly number or the number for the whole thing) ETF-16L5A 393-9.24 .. the tube itself is a Matsushita M03JBX8WW (Below that) 39AZ.. Do anyone have any information on this unit.. Like What Voltages it uses, and on Video, what kind of voltage swing it also takes..And is Horizontal and Vertical come in from off of the Board, and what voltages are used with these ?? Is This the same unit as the above Panasonic !" TV listed in other thread ??
THANK YOU Marty
Old 12-20-2012, 12:07 AM
Administrator

I have one of those also, it's a complete TV Monitor on a tiny circuit board, complete with a Brightness, Vertical, etc controls on the board, (none of which would be accessible in normal use). It has 5 or 6Kv of high voltage, a huge amount for a 1" tube I thought.

Mine is clearly marked right on the board for 12 volts + and - and also for Video input, it uses regular Composite Video same as what comes out the output of a VCR or DVD player.
Some of them may require some external circuitry from the Camera to operate but the two I've owned didn't.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:15 AM
Administrator

Found the thread with some pictures of mine operating.

http://videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=256044

This might go better in Rectangular & Solid State Forum, I'll move it if you like.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:16 AM
VideoKarma Member

Hi Eric;
That would be fine with me.. Then you can erase this posting..
THANK YOU marty
Old 12-20-2012, 10:26 AM
VideoKarma Member

Hi All;
Eric, I looked at your other posting, and they are probably similiar.. Though mine has no markings, other than like c?? or r??... I have a gray coaxial which is most likely video.. and on that same connector, is a red, yellow, orange and brown wire.. On a connector on the other end, along with some Led's is a black wire and a blue wire.. I think the Black wire is ground.. Which wires does your use ?? Color wise and where do they connect ?? Mine has two variable resistors on the side, and a place for one on the front, though nothing is there, along with a missing resistor.. The only other markings that I see are along one side, just above the flyback, which says VJBW 0206 (and below that) Head Reference NO-9.... As near as I can tell visually , all the CAPS look fine..
THANK YOU Marty
Audiokarma
Old 12-20-2012, 07:30 PM
VideoKarma Member

If it is from an old Panasonic Video Camera - Omnivision Series - then it most likely will not work as an independent video monitor because it still requires circuitry built into the cameras circuitry. I have never been able to make them work independently, unlike all the other viewfinders from other manufacturers that just need power and composite video.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:47 PM
VideoKarma Member

Hi All;
Yes, that is (If I remember correctly) right.. Crtfool, do you have any information on these units ?? When I look on the internet, It is for a price, or it has a virus, attached.. An attachment I am not willing to get..
THANK YOU Marty
Old 12-20-2012, 08:24 PM
VideoKarma Member

Yup,
I have about ten various view finder's that I gotten up and running

Old 12-22-2012, 09:46 AM
VideoKarma Member

Hi all;
Grimer, do you have any information on the unit I have described ?? Or is it just little CRT's, in general ??
THANK YOU Marty