Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2015, 07:32 PM
M is for Memory

Got a Dumont RA-103 Dog(mouse)House and a GE monitor.

I went to Olorin67's place today to buy a GE video monitor from him. I find tube era video monitors interesting and like to buy them when the price is good....This one came from my Alma-mater as a bonus factor of interest.

On the way back I picked up a Dumont Dog House at a Habitat For Humanity store, that he had suggested might be of interest to me....Man was that habitat store hard to find! I went past it almost twice before noticing it. The set was easy to find, and when I asked the clerk about the price (since it had multiple tags on it, and had been there weeks) I was asked to make an offer. The set and the 60's stand it was on cost me the 30$ I offered.

Unfortunately Mom spotted roaches in the habitat store so both sets have to spend overnight (or longer if it don't frost) in the shed.....Mom's policy seems to be if a set comes from a good home it must stay overnight in the garage to quell her fear of getting roaches, if something is in a roach prone area or was likely exposed to roaches even indirectly it gets some shed time....

The tuning shaft on the Dumont is messed up so that will probably be an interesting issue. Both CRTs are untested. I'd assume schematics for the Dumont can be found on the ETF site, but I may have to fix the GE without service data.

Been busy installing hard wood flooring with the folks and have other sets including pay projects in the works that will keep me from really getting into these for a while yet.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Last edited by Electronic M; 12-29-2015 at 02:08 AM.