Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > The Amateur Radio Spot

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-12-2012, 11:08 PM
catman

G'day all, although no one will freely admit to it, I am sure that Aspergers discrimination is the biggest part of this. That's sad, but that's human nature for better and worse! Regards, Felix (vk4fuq) aka catman.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:32 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
G'day mate, stations never seem to hear me (at 100 watts of SSB) as well as I hear them. The 'law of reciprocity' should apply!
IIRC, QST had an article about this about a year ago. Reasons like maybe there is more local noise at the other station. Noise that drowns out your signal. Or QRM that he hears but you don't, depending on the "skip".
According to QRZ.com and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ingham,_Queensland your QTH is a small town not near any major city, and likely to be a low noise environment.

I've had the same thoughts, especially considering that I have a really common and boring prefix WA2.
Quote:
...Aspergers discrimination...
I suspect you may be overthinking it, I don't think that there's anyway other hams on the air could even know. It's mostly the noise and QRM at the other station.

I've been streaming 4KQ, (no, that don't count for DXing ) and they said something about a cyclone heading for Queensland, hope it misses you.

Last edited by wa2ise; 03-06-2013 at 12:26 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:28 AM
catman

G'day all, it's been quite a while since I've looked at this thread and I'm happy to say that there have been some answers that have improved things very considerably as detailed here: http://www.mds975.co.uk/Content/amat...ml#metal_poles

However sadly it is my feeling that apparent Aspergers discrimination remains, especially as I now know that my beloved Quad Loop antenna is working well both on transmit and receive.

I do happily have regular skeds with long time Ham Radio friends with 5/9 signals pretty well all the time on 20 m, but answers to my general CQ calls are still comparatively rare. That's sad, as I'm honest about my Aspergers and I even mention it on my QRZ.COM profile. Oh well, such is life, I'm afraid. Regards, Felix (vk4fuq) aka catman.

Last edited by catman; 03-27-2013 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Spelling.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:57 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Been a while since I visited this forum, but I saw elsewhere at your web page many kitties. I have some cat pix at my web page too
http://www.wa2ise.com/cats.htm American cats, which look quite similar to your Aussie cats.

=<^-.-^>=