Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-20-2002, 03:15 AM
millerdog

Digging through books! Transistor collectors check in!

I finally found my Bunis guide to transistor radios just so I could open this up to you transistor collectors I searched under stacks of Astronomy mags and Sky and Telescope only to find it behind a stack of Playboys
I have a nice early Sony sport radio with am/fm and sw channels. Was a dream come true for I found it at a garage sale for five bucks. I also have Motorolla and Westinghouse AM portables.
I kinda like the seventies transistors like the Panasonic Toot a Loop (I have) and the ball radio,which I don't have. Vintage transistor radios I think should be allowed here too!
Some of the first transistor radios are just as collectible as the tube models.
AM radio rocked my world when I was young
md
Old 11-20-2002, 06:10 AM
Administrator

I used to have quite a collection myself. I've always been partial to the Emerson "888" series radios, I think their unique styling and larger size make them a neat collectible.
Old 11-20-2002, 10:10 PM
millerdog

Wow! Those are some nice Emerson Vanguards
Of course you know what they are worth
I kinda tend to look for those radios by manufacturers that no longer produce commercial radios. Motorolla etc. I especially look for the small pocket ones with leather cases. They just remind me of my youth. Those Emersons were made before I was born
md