Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Vintage TV & Radio Tech Forum

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:40 PM
VideoKarma Member

Radio telefunken

I was cleaning out my grandparents house and they had this beautiful radio console it's a telefunken hymnus 5014 wk radio console nice piece of furniture with a record player everything works and the sound is amazing much better than the stuff nowadays I would love to know how much a thing like that is worth ?
Old 12-10-2014, 12:33 AM
M is for Memory

It's a nice looking model if yours looks like the pictures that come up from googling the make and model. Provided the cabinet, controls, etc are clean and don't look worn or beat up, the phono plays a record, all the phono speeds work and are not slow, all bands of the tuner receive stations clearly, the tone and balance controls work well, none of the knobs make the speakers produce scratchy noises, and there is no noticeable hum in the sound when on (I think I just covered all the stuff that would require work and or restoration) then I'd recommend asking 100$ and accepting any serious offer (don't forget to haggle) over 50$.

By the way, please only start one topic per item of discussion. It clutters up the forum when people start more than one topic per set, and can lead to redundant replies and confusion if both topics are active at the same time. The moderators on this site are very friendly and willing to move topics to different sections if the original poster of the topic put it in the wrong place by mistake. You can ask them to do this by reporting your own post which is done by clicking on the red outlined triangle in the upper right corner of your post typing a message indicating your mistake and asking for it to be corrected.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 12-10-2014, 12:45 PM
VideoKarma Member

Thanks Tom you've been very helpful!!! I will try to clean up my posts!!
Old 12-10-2014, 03:06 PM
M is for Memory

You're welcome.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4