Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Vintage TV & Radio Tech Forum

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-06-2014, 08:12 PM
Followin' the Rules...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubejunke View Post
Sure, I wish often that they still made multi-section cans in electrolytics that I could pop in. They can still be found, but one must wonder how long they have been on a shelf. So far I have not tried "stuffing" cans as they say, but I would like to try it sometime for even more de-clutter under the chassis. First I have to find out the method of cutting a can open and being able to close it up without having it look hastily cobbled. I know the info. is here on this site, so I just need to find it. As well I'm sure there are videos on YouTube and instruction on other sites. I like sticking with this site; my favorite. Thanks again and add more info if anyone wishes to.
Actually, CE Manufacturing (an off-shoot of Antique Electronic Supply and their wholesale operation, CE Distributors) makes FP style multisection electrolytics, and Barker Microfarads (in Hillsville, VA) makes the old Sprague Atom line of Electrolytics. Good luck finding small quantities of the Barkers - they are hard to find anywhere. You'll have better luck finding and buying the Sprague Atoms, made by Barker.

I sure wish sites would just list parts by value (microfards, ohms, etc) rather that by part number or SKU numbers - both are meaningless when searching for replacements for older caps.

Cheers,
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!
Old 09-10-2014, 08:38 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findm-Keepm View Post

I sure wish sites would just list parts by value (microfards, ohms, etc) rather that by part number or SKU numbers - both are meaningless when searching for replacements for older caps.
At least now I don't feel so bad and I know that others get aggravated by the unnecessary complexities of some of these sites. Now I haven't ran into listings by part number. Seems like the Web page designer or one of the 'power' entities within a corporation would see this and realize that it has to hurt sales or at least potentially.

Like when I started this thread. I was just price/availability shopping and at the end of the day I would rather possibly pay more and go to the Surplus Sales site in order to get what I need.