Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Vintage TV & Radio Tech Forum

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-07-2017, 12:26 PM
VideoKarma Member

Picture tube datasheets

Apologies if this is answered somewhere (I poked around the sticky threads, but didn't see anything), but I'm looking to acquire as many picture tube datasheets as possible, and was wondering if there was already a repository of scans. I've done some looking and have found info by ones and twos, but not one large repository. Also, data on late-era (1990s/2000s) tubes seems to be much harder to find than 60s-70s era tubes.

The background here is that I built a tool, Tubular, which lets you look up BK Precision rejuvenator settings for various tubes, and also does some basic cross-compatibility checks. I'm working on the next version of this, and want to get more/better data on the tubes. I'd like to better understand the differences and provide more accurate cross-referencing.

If there isn't a digitized archive of this information, I'd like to make that happen.
Old 01-07-2017, 01:02 PM
VideoKarma Member

Most vintage ones are already here: https://frank.pocnet.net/
Old 01-07-2017, 01:51 PM
VideoKarma Member

I did find that, but it doesn't seem to have much overlap with the things I want. I'm not sure if it's due to era or application, but there's not much there.

Some tubes I'd like datasheets for:

15ST4730R
19VARP4
19VJTP22
19VLTP22
19VLUP22
20WP4
23JEP4
370ESB22
370KSB22
M48AAW00X

These are all used in various open-frame video monitors from the 70s-80s. I didn't see datasheets for any of them on that site.

I believe at least since the advent of the WTDS, manufacturers were supposed to send copies to EIA. They shut down in 2011, but one of their offshoots might still have this info.
Old 01-07-2017, 03:32 PM
Followin' the Rules...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieure View Post
I did find that, but it doesn't seem to have much overlap with the things I want. I'm not sure if it's due to era or application, but there's not much there.

Some tubes I'd like datasheets for:

15ST4730R
19VARP4
19VJTP22
19VLTP22
19VLUP22
20WP4
23JEP4
370ESB22
370KSB22
M48AAW00X

These are all used in various open-frame video monitors from the 70s-80s. I didn't see datasheets for any of them on that site.

I believe at least since the advent of the WTDS, manufacturers were supposed to send copies to EIA. They shut down in 2011, but one of their offshoots might still have this info.
Clinton used to have a huge PDF library of data for their CRTS - can't seem to find it on their current website. Maybe a mirror somewhere?

You had to "convert" the Clinton type (three or four digits) to an EIAJ or EIA type on their website - all gone now. Sure wish I had mirrored it myself. About 70% data displays, but plenty of TV CRTs as well, as I remember, 100 or so.
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!
Old 01-08-2017, 01:34 AM
M is for Memory

Wonder if the way back machine on the archive site captured clinton's data?

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Audiokarma
Old 01-08-2017, 12:03 PM
Technohippie

Datasheets for essentially "all" EIA registered tubes (including CRTs) are available as pat of the "Tube Data Cache" CD from the Tube Collectors Association.

http://www.tubecollectors.org/announc.htm

The listings go up through the very end of the CRT era, including the WTDS types used in later monitors and TV sets.

The $50 price may seem a bit steep, but it will replace a whole shelf full of tube manuals, and also covers many types from manufacturers that never published official manuals. It also includes information on the various revisions and changes a tube may have undergone during its production history.
Old 01-08-2017, 04:08 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2IXK View Post
Datasheets for essentially "all" EIA registered tubes (including CRTs) are available as pat of the "Tube Data Cache" CD from the Tube Collectors Association.

The listings go up through the very end of the CRT era, including the WTDS types used in later monitors and TV sets.

The $50 price may seem a bit steep, but it will replace a whole shelf full of tube manuals, and also covers many types from manufacturers that never published official manuals. It also includes information on the various revisions and changes a tube may have undergone during its production history.
Shipping anywhere included, not bad. Separate shipping for such a package going from the US to me would be about 20% of the purchase price.

Last edited by Jon A.; 01-08-2017 at 04:13 PM.
Old 01-08-2017, 10:03 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2IXK View Post

Thank you very much! This is exactly what I was looking for.
Old 01-27-2017, 10:20 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Thank you very much! This is exactly what I was looking for.

Bought back on the 8th, but haven't heard anything.... guess I'll find someone to email over there.
Old 01-28-2017, 04:46 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Bought back on the 8th, but haven't heard anything.... guess I'll find someone to email over there.
Got a quick response back, sounds like I'll have it in hand in a few days.
Audiokarma