Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-20-2022, 10:38 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamamaya42 View Post
USPS just keeps missing the mark...

after failing to deliver the package last weekend, an opening a search Monday, I get this from them on Wed.

"Our tracking and geo location shows your package was out for delivery to the mailbox on October 16, 2021 at 7:10 am. The carrier has searched the other mailboxes within the cluster box. Regrettably, it was not located. If you are still missing your package, I have provided a vendor letter attached to this email that you can send to the shipper explaining that the non-receipt of this package was not your fault. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you."

blah blah
"An apology is no substitute for good service, but I want to offer one on behalf of the Postal Service."
yeah yeah blah blah they wash their hands if it, I now have to get a refund from the seller, and get replacements from some place else, which are also NOW LATE!!

But just when you think it's over with this screw up, 4 days later, after they sent the letter saying they lost it, and could not find it, and I had to ask the seller for a refund, it mysteriously show up in the mailbox a week late! WTF?

The only upside to this is, the tubes worked!
the local oscillator is now working in FM mode, and I can tune in FM stations!
https://imgur.com/ZrvMQ7Z

But i will most likely have to align the who thing.
It sounds like the issues I had with my Zenith Model J733 AM/FM Clock Radio from 1951 that the FM Band worked fine on it but the AM Band would randomly breakout into strange oscillations, it turned out that the 19T8 tube had a section that was dead, and the 12AT7 tube was bad in it so I replaced those two tubes and now the radio works as it should.
For some reason those 19T8 tubes seem to always have an issue with a section or two going dead in them causing either the AM section or the FM Section of the radio to go dead or do some other strange things, same for the 12AT7s.