Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Television Broadcast Gear

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-05-2011, 02:56 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainjw View Post
Delurking for a moment, not US but if you follow the link below and scroll down you can see a 2001 in use at CTV in Canada.

These cameras were in use all over the UK but it would be interesting to know what the sales were around the rest of the world as EMI also had an agreement with Thomson to market the cameras.

Iain

http://m.ctv.ca/gallery/images/CTV-T...n-and-Now.html
No, apparently I detected an IVC/EMI insignia, plus (at the left end of the left side) a U.S. spelled "COLOR." And that's not counting the EMI 2001's use in the 1976 movie Network.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:33 PM
VideoKarma Member

Question What is that camera?

please go to Wmaq -tv and click on the table of contents section then go to 1948 to 1968 table of contents. Then scroll down to Roll tape and click. Jorie Lueloff is doing a remote in front of the Picasso thing downtown. What is that color camera? It has a strange lens configuration as well. It is not a TK-41
Old 10-06-2011, 11:24 PM
M is for Memory

I always thought that "picasso thing" was suposed to be a baboon, but what do I know.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:47 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerials View Post
One is the EMI 2001c i may have seen them at WBBM and Wfld in Chicago. And the other is the GE pe 350. I saw these in action at the Dick cavett show in New York city in 1970. Regis philben was co host. Wttw or Wls tv may have used them as well. Please post if anyone knows Chicago color broadcast cameras. Also what is that remote color camera on the WMAQ early remote scene with Jorie Luloff?
I saw on eBay a newsletter from what was then WBKB-TV in Chicago (became WLS in 1968) - and there was a picture taken backstage at one of their studios and the GE PE-250 was shown. So that's what Chicago's ABC O&O used for some years.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:09 PM
VideoKarma Member

early Wmaq color remote broadcasts

Found they used RCA tk-630. Anyone ever seen or used one? Kind of ugly.
Audiokarma