Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-20-2015, 06:31 PM
VideoKarma Member

13''Samsung

I picked up a 13'' color Samsung as my first small set. I know this is not a collector find, but the set amazed me. The clarity and film-like picture was fantastic. I watched a dvd of Time Tunnel and could see beads of sweat and lines on the actors faces. The football playoffs were also okay. I set about 5-6 feet back. All in all a nice experience. The sound was 1 speaker, and was not so great. By the way,did Samsung make their own crts or use some other company? Thanks for any info.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:39 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose14 View Post
I picked up a 13'' color Samsung as my first small set. I know this is not a collector find, but the set amazed me. The clarity and film-like picture was fantastic. I watched a dvd of Time Tunnel and could see beads of sweat and lines on the actors faces. The football playoffs were also okay. I set about 5-6 feet back. All in all a nice experience. The sound was 1 speaker, and was not so great. By the way,did Samsung make their own crts or use some other company? Thanks for any info.
I think, they did both. They made CRT's for themselves and others and they used CRT's from other sources for their models. It all depended where the set was assembled.