Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > General Off Topic Forums

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-23-2023, 02:17 PM
VideoKarma Member

Creating TV photos with Bing AI Image Creator

I was trying out Bing AI Image Creator. You type in a text string and Bing AI Image Creator will create a photo using data/photos from Microsoft and the internet and apply AI algorithm. The creator is aware of Time, Space, Mirror properties, lightning bugs, lightning, rain drops, shadows, lightning, wide angle lens etc. It seems to be an art photo tool and not a designer of objects and also lacking in TV history. A mechanical TV is something mechanical that is a TV and not an actual Baird, Jenkins, Disk or Drum set. Microsoft Bing AI Image creator lets you use images for non commercial purposes. The Bing Forum had comments where the same function from OpenAI has just as good free commercial use.

Some photos may appear upsetting to some.

https://www.bing.com/images/create

Last edited by rld-tv01; 11-23-2023 at 02:49 PM. Reason: provide url to image creator
Old 11-23-2023, 04:54 PM
VideoKarma Member

A photo AI Creator generated image from text "Video camera looking into a mirror". I believe to get actual video feedback you would record a television monitor playing live while recording content off the monitor.

I can see how AI could be a tool to expand ideas. At the same time possibly be abused by studios/ companies/ others etc trying to cut cost and staff.

It appears at this point the AI assumes "today I met someone strikingly similar to me" means to draw a generic person meeting an identical generic person and not the AI meeting himself or another identical AI. Not yet self aware. But image attached shows person made of particles looking at a fully formed person coming out of mirror. This is possible just another data outcome that the AI is choosing from but not self awareness.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg video_feedback.jpg (139.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg meeting_oneself.jpg (142.5 KB, 13 views)
Old 11-24-2023, 07:05 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rld-tv01 View Post
A photo AI Creator generated image from text "Video camera looking into a mirror". I believe to get actual video feedback you would record a television monitor playing live while recording content off the monitor.

I can see how AI could be a tool to expand ideas. At the same time possibly be abused by studios/ companies/ others etc trying to cut cost and staff.

It appears at this point the AI assumes "today I met someone strikingly similar to me" means to draw a generic person meeting an identical generic person and not the AI meeting himself or another identical AI. Not yet self aware. But image attached shows person made of particles looking at a fully formed person coming out of mirror. This is possible just another data outcome that the AI is choosing from but not self awareness.
Granted, this is a subject generating a lot of concerns. Is granted that corporations struggling to survive and on a budget contrains will jump at a chance with money saving solutions, without hesitation. With a lot of promising features for the future with AI, certainly will have a big impact.

And about self awareness, not every people like very much this possibility; some have fear, in fact. I concur with the observation to certain extent...
But, with present power processing and results like this, I wonder how this will result with more info, time and processing?......... hummmm....