Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-23-2004, 11:23 PM
VideoKarma Member

Talking we're havin' a laundry party!

Quote:
All of those washers and dryers!?!
Ever tell your friends to bring their laundry when they visit?
Old 03-24-2004, 07:20 AM
jasonlava

Talking Re: we're havin' a laundry party!

Quote:
Originally posted by wa2ise
Ever tell your friends to bring their laundry when they visit?
YES!

Or I bring my laundry to my other friend that has a collection
Old 03-24-2004, 03:46 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Did you ever see that Brit show "The Secret Life of Machines"? I remember the one on washing machines was very good. Still liked the one where at the end of the show the host set that whole pile of operating TVs on fire & you watched 'em slowly die in the reflection on his glasses. He had a particularly evil grin going on...-Sandy G.
Old 03-24-2004, 03:50 PM
jasonlava

Quote:
Originally posted by Sandy G
Did you ever see that Brit show "The Secret Life of Machines"? I remember the one on washing machines was very good. Still liked the one where at the end of the show the host set that whole pile of operating TVs on fire & you watched 'em slowly die in the reflection on his glasses. He had a particularly evil grin going on...-Sandy G.
OH YES! TSLM is one of my favorite shows. I was definitely glued for the TV and the washing machines episode. I wish they'd come out with it on DVD because my VHS copy got ruined.
Old 03-24-2004, 08:49 PM
VideoKarma Member

Last edited by andy; 12-07-2021 at 11:14 AM.
Audiokarma
Old 05-25-2004, 09:29 AM
VideoKarma Member

---

Last edited by andy; 12-08-2021 at 04:22 PM.
Old 05-25-2004, 06:24 PM
VideoKarma Member

Talking

Unimatic, enuff with the washing machines!!! everyone knows that Sunbeam Mixmasters beat washing machines in the collecting stakes! ... as for your CTC5 ...what a find ....I am sure we will all look forward to hearng how you go when you get 'round to restoring it to working glory!

and yes I DO collect Mixmasters!!! My pride and joy is a 1953 beautiful greeen Series 9!
Old 05-28-2004, 07:51 AM
jasonlava

Quote:
Originally posted by andy
They are on DVD, but it's very expensive. $45 an episode, or $290 for all 18 of them. It's too bad no one seems to have them to rent.

http://www.teamvideo.net/prices.htm
It's almost worth it! I'd have to save up the money to buy it but I will. Yes, I'm crazy but it's like one of my all-time favorite shows.

Why won't the BBC or something put out a regular box set with all the eps llike most other shows?
Old 05-28-2004, 07:54 AM
jasonlava

Quote:
Originally posted by ceebee23
Unimatic, enuff with the washing machines!!! everyone knows that Sunbeam Mixmasters beat washing machines in the collecting stakes! ... as for your CTC5 ...what a find ....I am sure we will all look forward to hearng how you go when you get 'round to restoring it to working glory!

and yes I DO collect Mixmasters!!! My pride and joy is a 1953 beautiful greeen Series 9!

And what about ice cream freezers? I used to know a guy who collects them. From 1800's hand cranked models to electric ones... Did you know there was a conversion kit to use a Sunbeam mixmaster head on hand cranked machine back in the 30s and 40s?
Old 05-29-2004, 01:04 AM
VideoKarma Member

Wink

hehehehehe....

well kitchenalia in general is my thing ....hahah ..but never made it into ice cream freezers .....dishwashers yes ...freezers no ...lol

but then what we really need is an NTSC standard color freezer washer mixer with 15" tube and ultrasonic remote control .....preferably built at the little known RCA factory in Wallawalla Washington ....

hehehehehe

Audiokarma
Old 05-30-2004, 09:01 AM
Spiteful Old Cuss

"...Walla Walla, Wash., an' Kalamazoo !!" - Boston Charlie, aka Sandy G. <grin>
Old 07-09-2005, 10:59 PM
VideoKarma Member

---

Last edited by andy; 12-07-2021 at 02:34 PM.
Old 07-10-2005, 02:05 AM
Frenchy

As for the CTC-5 Super model having an inferior color decoding, yes, it does... compared to the Deluxe. But really that's the only reason it deserves to get picked on, because it was the FIRST production chassis to use the lower-rez color decoding, and because there was also a 'deluxe' model in the same cabinet that still had the better decoding. Other than that, what's the big deal, it's the same, not-quite-as-good, non-I&Q decoding that was used for years and years on all the color sets after that. Like two twin brothers and one has a little bit bigger nose than the other, now everybody's gonna call that one "bignose"!
Plus though it seems to get singled out as a dog when in fact it used THE system that was adopted by everybody after that, so if it's a dog, so are all the other color sets and CTCs after it! And it's not like the difference is striking anyway, I bet people watching a CTC5 and a CTC4 next to each other would have a hard time distinguishing them apart if they weren't told they were different beforehand. I love mine by the way...Frenchy
Old 07-10-2005, 08:41 AM
Spiteful Old Cuss

IIRC, you could still buy a wringer washer new as late as 1969-70. My dad did to wash rags we used when my sister & mom would go to horse shows. took him awhile to get it-they were special order items & I think it was fairly expensive. Why they had to have a wringer to wash horse towels I don't remember, maybe they thought it would get 'em cleaner...I don't remember whatever happened to that thing...-Sandy G.
Old 07-10-2005, 10:24 PM
VideoKarma Member

Nice find! RCA's literature on the "Super" chassis shows the blue lateral adjustment to be a coil controlled by a pot under the pencil box. Your chassis seems to have the mechanical set up like the "DELUXE" (CTC5-N) chassis. I've never seen the coil set-up on any -5 chassis. Has anyone else? I know the first thing I would change is that HV regulator tube. I'm surprised (as black as that thing is) that it hasn't cracked yet. Phil

Last edited by reeferman; 07-10-2005 at 10:27 PM.
Audiokarma