Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-16-2015, 10:12 PM
VideoKarma Member

The very first thing i would do upon acquiring a Zenith roundie is check the condition of the plastic (nylon?) H.efficiency coil form. Especially on a high-hours set. If that form lets go, everything else is moot till the coil's replaced.
The three adjustment coils on the convergence panel use the same kind of forms. The middle one looks like it has already let go (of course that doesn't render the set unusable.)
Old 11-16-2015, 11:41 PM
Another CT-100 lives!

Nice score!

Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did."
Old 11-17-2015, 04:47 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_coot88 View Post
The very first thing i would do upon acquiring a Zenith roundie is check the condition of the plastic (nylon?) H.efficiency coil form. Especially on a high-hours set. If that form lets go, everything else is moot till the coil's replaced.
The three adjustment coils on the convergence panel use the same kind of forms. The middle one looks like it has already let go (of course that doesn't render the set unusable.)
Just the end is broken, the coil itself is intact. That I can fix if needed be. I've had those suckers come apart and unwind.

Picture tube is good, so that's a plus

I'm glad you mentioned that horiz efficiency coil, as I forgot about that one until I talked to a friend on the phone last night about the set, then forgot again this morning! Looks like it's been replaced. I seem to remember those coils having a baby blue coil form, this one is bright lime green, which I can't remember ever seeing. In either event, it looks good.

There's bumblebees and white time bombs under there, so if I check tubes and get a reasonable response on power up, it'll get a recap.
Old 11-17-2015, 02:32 PM
Motorola Minion

I'm watching how this goes for you no matter how busy I am building onto our house so I can have some quality basement space for sets like this.
The 25LC20-30 is a great chassis IIRC.
Old 11-17-2015, 11:09 PM
Workin' Late Again

I just remembered the 25LC30 is the same chassis that's in my model 5119. I think it's a pretty good performer. Looks like my convergence is off just a tad on the lower left.

Last edited by Kevin Kuehn; 11-17-2015 at 11:15 PM.
Audiokarma
Old 11-17-2015, 11:12 PM
VideoKarma Member

A 25LC20/30 likely SHOWED that show--when it came out. They would only have been a few years old then...
Old 11-18-2015, 12:01 AM
Workin' Late Again

Yep, three to four years old, about the same age as me. There were some great movies made back in those days. Not to mention equally great TV's.
Old 11-18-2015, 01:12 AM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by rca2000 View Post
A 25LC20/30 likely SHOWED that show--when it came out. They would only have been a few years old then...
You mean once the theaters were done showing it and it premiered on TV....That is the MOVIE Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Probably been around 5-10 years since I last watched it through, but I'd know those screen shots anywhere.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 11-18-2015, 09:15 PM
Administrator

Replaced about a dozen dead or shorted tubes and repaired a tube cap lead and did a slow power up. Look! Spumoni!!

Well, I wanted to see if I had something to work with here, and apparently I do . No signal at all, but the dial lamp was burned out so I never knew exactly which channel I was on .

Anyway, it'll end up getting the full monte once I finish up a problem child 8TS30 and a couple customer radios that came in last week.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_6716.jpg (59.0 KB, 90 views)
Old 11-19-2015, 06:44 AM
Vintage TV and Radio Nut

Nice.......
Audiokarma
Old 11-19-2015, 05:36 PM
...enjoys spaghetti.

Definitely a set for the upper caste!
Old 11-19-2015, 06:21 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

IIRC, "Chitty-Chitty Bang Bang" was THE big item of summer 1969. I think it was one of the first movies where the studio put on a "Full-Court Press", pushing the movie, toys, & trinkets marketed thru fast-food venues. If you turned on the TV that summer, you WERE gonna hear, "Oh, you, pretty Chitty Bang Bang, we love you.." ESPECIALLY on a Saturday morning.