Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2012, 03:46 PM
VideoKarma Member

This should be fun (RCA TM-10 15GP22 monitor)

Got this interesting item yesterday:

It's a color studio monitor using a 15GP22 CRT. Its ID plate says MI-40206-A, but the ETF website says it's a model TM-10, so that's what I'll call it.

I was nervous about shipping this beast halfway across North America. It arrived in an 18-wheeler; the driver parked in the street and trundled it down our driveway with a pallet jack. I hovered beside him like a mosquito, grinning and waving my hands and babbling about how this RARE item has a G-L-A-S-S picture tube inside, and I had been a little worried about shipping it 2600 miles, blah blah blah. He probably couldn't wait to get away from the blabby kook.

Good news: The CRT is under vacuum and it tests strong on all three guns (Yay!). The rest looks unmolested and intact, apart from missing an HV cage cover.

It takes an ordinary video input, as you can see from the rear panel, so I should be able to make a picture with it, once restored.

It's still bolted to a pallet in my garage, but this under-chassis photo from the previous owner shows an orderly, fairly spacious layout.

It may be months before I can mess with this. I already have a winter's worth of projects underway or waiting in the queue. Fun to think about in the meantime, though.

Phil Nelson
Phil's Old Radios
http://antiqueradio.org/index.html