Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Diagnostic & Test Equipment

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-18-2010, 03:43 PM
VideoKarma Member

Tv alignment equipment

This topic comes up from time to time, I thought it might be a good way to start up this new forum. So what do you all like to use?

This is my set-up I picked up when I finally decided to try video IF alignment last summer:
RCA WR-59B sweep generator, WR-39C "television calibrator" marker generator, WR-70A marker-adder, and WR-49A signal generator. With a Tek 545A scope, and hp 5245L counter.

The major upside of this old RCA stuff is that it does both the old 21mc IF, and new 41mc IF. With the marker-adder you inject the markers after the sweep signal is demodulated in the tv, before the scope vertical input, as well as adjust marker shape, which makes for a much cleaner looking curve on the scope. The extra signal generator hooked to the marker generator allows me to get 2 markers at once. The downside of this RCA stuff is that you need 4 units, + the scope, the frequency counter, and a separate bias supply, to make the whole thing work.

But it seems most of the sets that I've had that need alignment are the old 21mc IF sets, so I couldn't really see getting newer equipment that couldn't work at those frequencies.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rca.jpg (68.2 KB, 107 views)