Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-16-2003, 08:55 AM
VideoKarma Member

i must know

Like most of those in this post, i collect the old t.v's and feel that a person who does not do this has no right to criticize those who do. To say that "old t.v's have no redeeming value", while touting old audio equipment,(which most of us also love), is hypocrocisy. Old audio equipment does not have the advances (such as dolby, pro-logic, or 6.1 digital,p.l.l tuning, computer-driven amps, etc.).Yet, it is stated that these are fine to use today, while old t.v.'s are not. This is just crap!!! Us collectors find that bringing life to a c.r.t that has sat dormant for 40 years has a magic factor to it. i agree that a tube t.v. is more fun to watch, ESPECIALLY FROM THE REAR, than a modern, black plastic blob. To see an old program such as "I love lucy" or "Superman" come to life on a screen that may have shown it as new , or , seeing ads for computer or internet items on a "roundie", is just rewarding.
As there is not much worth watching on t.v. today , if you don't care about "american idol" ,or "joe millionaire", then, a t.v that just bleeeds history makes watching these empty shows more rewarding.

I , like others on this site, love to start up one of my old sets, and watch the picture slowly crackle to life. i don't care, if the picture is in black and white, or the colors do not have automatic correction ,on my '61 model zenith roundie color set. it is rewarding to just watch the old sets bring forth their pictures and sound.

The person who started this thread stated that they did like old audio equipment. Most of us, do also, along with radios, and amps. We also like old t.v.s, and want to rescue them from a date with a landfill, just like audio equipment. To this end we seek them out, from the basements, closets, barns, garages, trash, etc, were they currently reside, to return them to their former glory.