Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-18-2005, 07:16 PM
Surrounded by old stuff

I have a RCA clock radio from about the same time as the one you got, and it does have a phono jack, so there is a good chance that yours will have one, though taht radio in the picture is AM only.

Is that Zenith set the first AM/FM clock radio or was there an ealier one? Most of the ones I see are from the 60s.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:01 PM
Magic Pebble Collector

well, he'll be happy to know that he can get a turntable now. I hope I start him off on this hobby the way I'm into it. Most of my other friends just have a mild interest in what I'm going or roll their eyes like I'm a retard when I start talking about my record player .

Denton, TX

Thorens TD165, Technics SL-PC705 -> Pioneer SX-828 -> Genesis 1, Audio Technica ATH-AD900
Old 01-29-2006, 05:10 PM
FREEDOM Isnt FREE TYVETS

Thumbs up

you need any tubes drop me a line I have around 300 + vintage nos and used tubes also a few old radios i need to dig down to the bottom of my stuff

so let me know
Old 03-06-2006, 03:43 PM
<----Zenith C845

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxm
Zenith made a really cool AM/FM clock radio in the 50s that used Zenith's wonderful AM/FM chassis they used in their table radios.
Which chassis did this particular clock radio use? If it's one which was used in Zenith's tube powered table radios as you say, it must have been excellent, as were all early Zeniths (except the one model with the bakelite chassis, which I understand was a technician's worst nightmare to work on).

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:14 PM
Surrounded by old stuff

The radio I have has Chassis 7J03. I think this chassis was speically made for the clock radio, since it has the wiring to to connect with the clock switches. It is the same basic chassis with the same tubes (no AFC) and it does work and sound as great as the regular table sets, which are some of the best AM/FM radio ever made.

Here is my other Zenith, this one is in a brown cabinet. This set was found in the trash by a friend, and is in almost prefect condition. It has all the knobs, even the little ones on the clock, and has the bar that goes through the center of the tunign inticator, which is missing on my other set. Below it is another Zenith AM/FM set, a wood table model the the horizontal slide rule dial. It needs some cabinet work, but was only $10 at Salvation Army.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zenithbrown.jpg (43.3 KB, 14 views)
Audiokarma