Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-03-2011, 02:12 AM
M is for Memory

Reversing my cheapest color conversion or a belated april fools joke

Behold the cheapest color conversion ever!!!!

It only displays one color (blue), but is much cheeper to opperate.

Jokeing pauses here.
In fact I removed the CRT, safety glass, knobs, and anything else that I thought might not survive the move from Florida to Wisconsin. The chassis stayed in so I taped up the CRT opening so the tubes etc. would not fall out.

This set is my FAVORITE set looks wise, and I reciently got around to puting it back to gether, fixing the vertical problem, and cleaning the tuner. The result is shown.

Now the last funny part, this one is courtesy of Zenith. I discovered it when cleaning the tuner.

The sticker says "Do not remove...this sticker is impregnated with with corosion inhibiting material". I'll tell you right now that the only "corosion" in the whole set is arround and on the other side of the metal from that sticker! Either there was one mother of a typeo or the folks at zenith were under a bad mis conception.
I could not stop laughing after I read that sticker. If a joke can be a physical object than that tuner cover and it's sticker are it.

Tom C.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:13 AM
VideoKarma Member

I believe the chemical in the sticker affected the atmosphere around the silver contacts in the tuner, neutralizing the effects of air pollution that tended to tarnish the silver.

Perfection is hard to reach with a screwdriver.