Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Television Broadcast Gear

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-04-2013, 01:01 AM
VideoKarma Member

If you are using a tv set tuned to a channel you need to modulate the video signal to a RF channel. Run it through an old vcr to do this.

If you are using a tv with a video input look for a bad cable in your connection. Usually a bad ground or no ground.

If you are using a non-tv monitor look for a sync switch and set it to "int" (internal).

The camera will have an "external sync/genlock" BNC connector on it. It should not need sync just for a video out connection. Sync/genlock was used to insert the camera video in to a switcher to properly time with other cameras, tape decks, et al. Boy I do not miss those days.

There may also be a "test" BNC on the camera. This is a direct look inside the camera to see the tubes individually. There is probably a switch on a board that controls this output. You may find a better signal here but the R/B/-G will be in BW only as they are used to set tube registration. The "off" position should be normal video.

And clean and reseat all the board connectors. I used to use a pencil eraser to shine them up then spray.

I used to have to keep some Ikegami HL-77's alive. They had boards that loaded from the back end and would work loose. I had to add shims in the back to keep them in place.

Here is an old page from Ikegami on this camera;

http://www.ikegami.com/br/products/sdtv/itc735.html

Last edited by Dave A; 02-04-2013 at 01:08 AM.