Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-19-2023, 11:29 PM
M is for Memory

Converging a delta gun tube with a 2 pedal convergence clover?

So right now I'm trying to do convergence on a 1969 Packard Bell CQ-522BGE....This looks to be a Panasonic made 13" portable. It's definitely a delta-gun CRT and it uses the later style 2 pedal convergence yoke where one is above the tube and the other is below (I've seen a couple of Zenith's and a few jap delta-gun sets with this style yoke).

I'm used to working with 3 pedal yokes not 2 pedal and I'm getting confused. There's only 2 static convergence magnets on it and purity rings. How the heck are you supposed to static converge this sucker? There's no procedure for the static convergence in the Sam's. No rotational position of both the round static convergence magnets yields good static convergence anymore. Is there another magnet hidden somewhere I need to adjust?

Dynamic convergence is kinda weird too. I was having trouble improving it until I changed some dead caps on the convergence board....I kinda wish I had recapped it before I started trying to adjust it.
I feel like I opened Pandora's box

Edit never mind I just figured out you can slide the static convergence magnets up and down in addition to rotating them....they didn't want to move so I thought they couldn't.... turns out they can and that was the key.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Last edited by Electronic M; 10-19-2023 at 11:34 PM.
Old 10-20-2023, 07:19 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
So right now I'm trying to do convergence on a 1969 Packard Bell CQ-522BGE....This looks to be a Panasonic made 13" portable. It's definitely a delta-gun CRT and it uses the later style 2 pedal convergence yoke where one is above the tube and the other is below (I've seen a couple of Zenith's and a few jap delta-gun sets with this style yoke).

I'm used to working with 3 pedal yokes not 2 pedal and I'm getting confused. There's only 2 static convergence magnets on it and purity rings. How the heck are you supposed to static converge this sucker? There's no procedure for the static convergence in the Sam's. No rotational position of both the round static convergence magnets yields good static convergence anymore. Is there another magnet hidden somewhere I need to adjust?

Dynamic convergence is kinda weird too. I was having trouble improving it until I changed some dead caps on the convergence board....I kinda wish I had recapped it before I started trying to adjust it.
I feel like I opened Pandora's box

Edit never mind I just figured out you can slide the static convergence magnets up and down in addition to rotating them....they didn't want to move so I thought they couldn't.... turns out they can and that was the key.

I have also seen the 2 pedal style convergence yoke on a Zenith or two before, with a delta gun tube, really strange, and pretty much left me saying, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU_Gd623HJo
Old 10-20-2023, 08:35 AM
VideoKarma Member

Seldom see Tom get stumped. But true to form, he quickly gets un-stumped.
Old 10-20-2023, 01:46 PM
VideoKarma Member

This was used on Zenith 14 & 16" hybrids. Also Pannys & IIRC a
few other JA sets.
Later it was on GE porta colors & the 16" dog, a rare set that was probably
the biggest POS built til the Chi-Com sets.
Sylvania used it in the E08 with in line jugs.
For manual just look for Panny CT### early sams. IIRC the 19" Pannys used
a normal 3 clover.

73 Zeno
LFOD !