Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Introductions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-14-2014, 12:57 PM
VideoKarma Member

Sony kx-1901

Hi, New to VideoKarma. Great site! Just found my first high end TV that I stored at parents home for years. I purchased this SONY KX-1901 new and it is in it's original packaging with all of the things that came with it when new. Any market for this unit? Where is the best place to post a vintage SONY monitor only? It has RGB inputs and built in stereo amp with 10 WPC per side.
Old 05-15-2014, 04:16 PM
Not sure how I got here.

HI !

Good to see ya-

There is a market for everything, If you wanna sell it, try craigslist, and or ebay.
ebay will give you close to market value......
Old 09-02-2014, 08:29 PM
VideoKarma Member

Hi glenn, I'm actually interested in this monitor, since you said it had rgb inputs?
In any case I've sent you a PM
Old 09-05-2014, 02:03 PM
VideoKarma Member

The RF input on the XK series of Profeel monitors is a IDC-34 connector, like on a floppy drive. The KV-1311CR had the same connector.

The RGB signal can be either digital or analog, the digital is TTL digital and conforms with the CGA standard.
Analog RGB must have a standard NTSC scan rate, there where adapters for the Atari ST and Apple IIgs to allow the RGB input to be used with those computers.
Old 09-06-2014, 02:13 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpatoray View Post
The RF input on the XK series of Profeel monitors is a IDC-34 connector, like on a floppy drive. The KV-1311CR had the same connector.

The RGB signal can be either digital or analog, the digital is TTL digital and conforms with the CGA standard.
Analog RGB must have a standard NTSC scan rate, there where adapters for the Atari ST and Apple IIgs to allow the RGB input to be used with those computers.
Does this mean the monitor is usable with other 15khz inputs? Or can it only accept rgb from microcomputers

Edit: Apologies, I'm assuming by standard you mean 15khz because correct me if I'm wrong the atarti and apple are both 31khz?.... if so that means I would essentially need to build a cable, but at least I know it is do-able

Thank you mpatoray

Last edited by loui; 09-06-2014 at 02:35 AM.
Audiokarma
Old 09-08-2014, 01:22 PM
VideoKarma Member

The Apple IIgs has a 15.7 kHz scan rate. I thought the Atari ST did but I could be wrong on that one.

Yes the KX series of monitors are fixed frequency, its 15.7 kHz or nothing.
Old 01-07-2015, 12:01 AM
VideoKarma Member

ill have to post some of my 70s collectable gear sometime(didnt think anybody liked that tech yet)-most of my 50s and older gear are not "daily drivers" but the 70s and newer tech keeps going everyday!
Old 02-01-2015, 10:18 PM
Motorola Minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamunir View Post
ill have to post some of my 70s collectable gear sometime(didnt think anybody liked that tech yet)-most of my 50s and older gear are not "daily drivers" but the 70s and newer tech keeps going everyday!
The 70s and 80s equipment has standard ICs and transisitors, so it is more serviceable by far than anything made later.
It gets much respect on this forum because it keeps going AND it's repairable by even jack-of-all trades techs like my self.
I enjoy tube equipment more but it requires maintenance and occasional repairs.

I have two once-wonderful Onkyo Integra series AV receivers from the 90s that have issues with protection shutdowns, a feature rarely found in the 1970s.
After checking ESR on capacitors and ribbon cable connectors, I haven't a clue, so they will sit until I join AK.......