Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Site News

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-10-2014, 01:58 PM
Old TVs are better!

I wonder why, when I reply to a post or make a post, and go back to the new posts link, all the new posts are gone except mine and sometimes 1 or 2 or them. I want to read the other posts, and the link doesn't show them anymore.
I've even waited between links, and still no new posts. Wonder if it has something to do with Google Chrome or the website. Any answers?
Old 06-11-2014, 07:36 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterbeers View Post
I wonder why, when I reply to a post or make a post, and go back to the new posts link, all the new posts are gone except mine and sometimes 1 or 2 or them. I want to read the other posts, and the link doesn't show them anymore.
I've even waited between links, and still no new posts. Wonder if it has something to do with Google Chrome or the website. Any answers?
I've been disconnected in-mid post several times lately and it happened a few minutes ago.

I'm using IE-7 in VideoKarma Original Style.

You might click on the home page, and see if you are still connected when this happens.

Just a thought.

James.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:12 PM
Old TVs are better!

Yes, I am still logged on and connected. I can view other posts, just most all of the things under new posts disappear. Guess if I want to post or reply, I have to do this after I have viewed all of the new posts before hand. It might be because I have slow DSL. 740K. Better internet is coming probably sometime this summer. In the meantime I have to live with what they can provide me.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:02 AM
Administrator

I think there's something like a 20 minute reset for "new posts" after logging in. If that happens, you can always go to "Today's Posts" under the Quick Links section in the header, and threads with posts you haven't read within the last 24 hours will show up in bold.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:45 AM
Zenith Walton My 1st TV

I was just noticing I am logged in here, go to other sites, come back and still logged in. "You last visited: Yesterday at 04:55 PM" but this morning I've been here, other sites, and back, and the last date still says yesterday. So I certainly don't have the problem. Don't think is has anything to do with speed either since I am on AT&T 768K slowest speed DSL. Am using Firefox 26, and Win 7.

Also seems like it's about an hour before New posts gets updated from last visit.
Audiokarma
Old 06-12-2014, 07:46 AM
Administrator

Might be, I can't remember, and I can't find the place in the admin console that tells me......