Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > General Off Topic Forums

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 10:28 AM
<----Zenith C845

Quote:
Originally Posted by centralradio View Post
No. I'm not ignoring this thread.I wish I can go but its a loooong drive from Connecticut.If I live close by .I would have no problem giving rides or pickups as long I get a free lunch or dinner and a Coke for helping out.

Connecticut? I thought you were in Columbus, Ohio.

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.
Old 03-18-2017, 11:13 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffhs View Post
Connecticut? I thought you were in Columbus, Ohio.
No .A lifetime Connecticut resident.I would love to come out to Ohio someday.
Old 03-18-2017, 10:01 PM
VideoKarma Member

Jeff, you say you are being ignored, but both Tim and Ben want to help you and it seems like you're ignoring them here.....what the hell is up with that? I thought you were talking about how you hate being ignored only to ignore others who want to help you?"
Old 03-19-2017, 04:37 AM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by centralradio View Post
No. I'm not ignoring this thread.I wish I can go but its a loooong drive from Connecticut.If I live close by .I would have no problem giving rides or pickups as long I get a free lunch or dinner and a Coke for helping out.
Sounds like a sweet deal. I would be uncomfortable taking the usual compensation for such a thing, but I'm always up for getting stuffed.

Last edited by Jon A.; 03-19-2017 at 07:31 AM.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:39 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstout66 View Post
Jeff, you say you are being ignored, but both Tim and Ben want to help you and it seems like you're ignoring them here.....what the hell is up with that? I thought you were talking about how you hate being ignored only to ignore others who want to help you?"
Interested in going Jeff? We're extending a hand, you just have to grab it
Old 03-21-2017, 10:06 AM
VideoKarma Member

Kinda funny, I sent him a PM and an email asking for some help with a radio I am working on and he blew me off.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:22 PM
<----Zenith C845

Quote:
Originally Posted by madlabs View Post
Kinda funny, I sent him a PM and an email asking for some help with a radio I am working on and he blew me off.
I do not see what's so funny; moreover, I did not "blow you off" or whatever. After all, people do have lives outside the Internet, and simply do not (in most cases are not in a position to) drop everything to answer emails, PMs or anything else; also, people do forget things (I have yet to meet anyone with total recall who never, ever, forgets anything). Late last year (the entire month of November), I was in the hospital and had absolutely no access to computers; I could not answer messages or emails if I had wanted to. There are other reasons I couldn't have answered your messages: my computer could have been out of order, I could have been very busy, or I may not have been home, to name just three.

I regret ever having started this thread; if I had known I'd get responses like this, I wouldn't have. Videokarma is not the same forum it was when I joined 15 years ago. Most of the people who were posting here when I started no longer do so for any number of reasons. I remember there were a few people here years ago who actually looked to me for answers to questions about Zenith radios, and did not get upset if I did not answer them very soon after posting their questions, concerns, etc. I am only sorry this is not the case anymore.

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.

Last edited by Jeffhs; 03-21-2017 at 12:27 PM.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:36 PM
The Resident Brony

This is the internet, people demand instant gratification. I'm not saying you have to oblige, I'm just saying...

Also, dude, everyone goes through things like this, from time to time. Chillax. Apparently, good folks around here still care about you. Sure these forums have changed. The only constant is change, after all. And yeah, it sucks, but that's life.

Old 03-21-2017, 01:45 PM
VideoKarma Member

Yet you had enough time on 3/15 to whine about your posts being ignored, so you must get on the computer sometime....
And then.... when certain members offer to help you get to the ETF Convention, you totally blow off the thread, except to post bizarre replies to certain posts. Perhaps that is why you don't get as many replies as you would like.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:03 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
There are other reasons I couldn't have answered your messages: my computer could have been out of order, I could have been very busy, or I may not have been home, to name just three.
But I know you did have enough time to visit the forum many times since your post on the 18th. All I had to do was go to your statistics and see when you last visited. I looked a few times because I had wondered if you had stopped by to see the exceptional offers people made to help you out, which you appeared to be ignoring. So don't pretend to be so busy that you didn't stop and look what was going on.

Quote:
I regret ever having started this thread; if I had known I'd get responses like this, I wouldn't have.
The responses you got were offering assistance in getting to the ETF which you were whining about. Instead of taking anyone up on their generous offers, you just made more excuses about going. It's not likely these people will continue to offer good will to you if you keep refusing their kind help.

Audiokarma
Old 03-21-2017, 07:03 PM
VideoKarma Member

Jeff, for my part I'll apologize. I guess I had a case of morning snarkiness. It is easy to be an ass on the internet. Still working on that ZTO if you want to drop a line.
Old 03-22-2017, 05:55 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I regret ever having started this thread; if I had known I'd get responses like this, I wouldn't have. Videokarma is not the same forum it was when I joined 15 years ago. Most of the people who were posting here when I started no longer do so for any number of reasons. I remember there were a few people here years ago who actually looked to me for answers to questions about Zenith radios, and did not get upset if I did not answer them very soon after posting their questions, concerns, etc. I am only sorry this is not the case anymore.
Oh sure. Blame the site and its members. That's great.

Funny how everyone's trying to help you get to ETF, both monetarily and otherwise, and you've picked and chosen to comment only on posts that you can argue with.

Hell, if you really want to come to ETF and if you actually wanted something there, I would have offered to bring it right to your house and even carry it inside as I'll be passing right by Cleveland on the way home (couldn't offer a ride because I'm a passenger in a 2 seater van, but transport space we'll have). Probably would've paid for it too.

When someone reaches out to you, you have to grab their hand. If you're unwilling to do so, you have no right to complain. It also tells me that this thread has run its course......
Old 03-22-2017, 06:15 AM
Resident Lunatic

I've noticed that some people have a need/desire to have people feel sorry for them perpetually, and that these same people will incessantly complain, even when someone is extending a helping hand. I think that's the situation here. It's really a shame; while many of us will be enjoying the ETF, you'll be at home, miserable, wishing you were there, despite the fact you were given access to ample help and the opportunity to go. That's on you Jeff...
Closed Thread