Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91  
Old 04-01-2017, 08:10 PM
jr_tech's Avatar
jr_tech jr_tech is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,540
Because of this thread, I chose a TS18 chassis set as my next restoration victim. This is a 7VT2, like shown here:

http://www.tvhistory.tv/1949-Motorola-7VT2.JPG

This looks like a fun project, getting a little tired of doing RCA 8PT70xx sets and needed a change of pace. I verified that r-59 (Sams#) is indeed 22 meg and tests pretty close. Ballast is open, so I am working out a substitute.

jr

Last edited by jr_tech; 04-01-2017 at 08:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 04-02-2017, 01:42 PM
timmy's Avatar
timmy timmy is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: ferndale ny
Posts: 1,811
Electrostatic yes it's a change from the other .
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 04-02-2017, 03:30 PM
timmy's Avatar
timmy timmy is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: ferndale ny
Posts: 1,811
I have several of these 7 inch sets all hooked up and I seemed to develope these lines up and down on all the sets so I added an amplifier to the antenna and it cured it but just yesterday this one set got the lines back and have no clue what else would do this. All the others are crystal clear and all share the same ant line.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (71.3 KB, 22 views)
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 04-02-2017, 05:13 PM
jr_tech's Avatar
jr_tech jr_tech is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,540
Does it still display the lines if it is the only set turned on?

jr
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 04-02-2017, 05:34 PM
timmy's Avatar
timmy timmy is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: ferndale ny
Posts: 1,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_tech View Post
Does it still display the lines if it is the only set turned on?

jr
All the other sets on lines are there and when they are off ,however I took the set to the beginning of the ant string, stronger signal and no lines but this is the set with the annoying hum in the audio so even though I checked the tubes for any heater cathode shorts, showed none but I'm thinking there is a tube in the IF that may have a short causing the hum as well as the lack of the set to operate with the signal that's there since the others work fine.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #96  
Old 04-03-2017, 06:51 AM
Electronic M's Avatar
Electronic M Electronic M is offline
M is for Memory
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pewaukee/Delafield Wi
Posts: 8,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy View Post
I have several of these 7 inch sets all hooked up and I seemed to develope these lines up and down on all the sets so I added an amplifier to the antenna and it cured it but just yesterday this one set got the lines back and have no clue what else would do this. All the others are crystal clear and all share the same ant line.
If all the sets were exhibiting it with a weak signal then it makes me think it is an RF interference issue. Are there any local DTV carriers (beware 'virtual' channels that report a different channel number than their actual carrier) on or adjacent to the channel your using? If you nix the RF amp and hook up a CRT TV from the 80's-00's does it display the same symptoms?
__________________
Tom C.

What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Reading between the scan lines since the mid 2000's.

Last edited by Electronic M; 04-03-2017 at 09:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 04-03-2017, 09:14 AM
timmy's Avatar
timmy timmy is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: ferndale ny
Posts: 1,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
If all the sets were exhibiting it with a weak signal then it makes me think it is an RF interference issue. Are there any local DTV carriers (beware 'virtual' channels that report a different channel number than their actual carrier) on or adjacent to the channel your using? If you nix the RF amp and hook up a CRT TV from the 80's-00's does it display the same symptoms?
In the last post what I meant was all the other sets are fine no lines but weather the others are on or off the one set has the lines. So the problem is the one set.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 04-03-2017, 09:50 AM
Electronic M's Avatar
Electronic M Electronic M is offline
M is for Memory
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pewaukee/Delafield Wi
Posts: 8,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy View Post
In the last post what I meant was all the other sets are fine no lines but weather the others are on or off the one set has the lines. So the problem is the one set.
I was responding to an older post....I edited to include a quote of what I was replying to.
__________________
Tom C.

What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Reading between the scan lines since the mid 2000's.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ęCopyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.