Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-05-2010, 02:37 PM
VideoKarma Member

Who needed the 29JC20 flyback??

Some time ago--someone here needed a flyback for their Zenith 29JC20. I lost track of who that was. I have such a set, and a spare chassis. My set has a good fly, and works somewhat. I SHOULD save that fly, but since my set does work--and is in climate--controlled area, and appears to have life it it--I will part with the fly in my spare chassis, so that whoever it was can get their JC20 to run again. About 21 -22 years ago..I SAW my chassis produce a raster on a good tube from a 26KC20(which....to my despair...did NOT get saved...)

So--let me know. I will dig out my chassis and remove the fly from it . After a VERY hard last 6+ months...things are looking up for my family, and the weather is now good enough for me to get into my storage areas.

I also have at least one spare CTC-12 chassis,(but NO set, right now..) if someone needs parts from one.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:15 PM
Larry Melton (oldtvman)

It was me!!!!!!!!!!

I had emailed you about two years ago about the fly. I still need it if you still have it

Thanx

Larry Melton
Old 03-05-2010, 06:48 PM
VideoKarma Member

Well, after at least a year since I had it on, I decided to light up my Zenith and see if it still works. Since it is in the dry and heated and cooled basement--it seems to be holding up well. It came up, and DID produce a full, reasonably bright snowy raster, and stayed there for a couple minutes--without any issuses--till I turned it off. That is good enough for me. SO..yes--I will pull it off my chassis sometime next week, and then we can work out some sort of deal. Like I said--over 20 years ago--it DID work--but who knows now, I figure it is ok. But do NOT let anything happen to it--I don't have any more--nor evidently does anyone else.