Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:30 AM
VideoKarma Member

Amazing!!! Impressive!!! To see such an ultra-rare and fine piece of History in WORKING condition... is something that really makes my day!!!
Old 03-20-2009, 12:42 PM
VideoKarma Member

Hi @ All!
Well done Eckhard.
To see this set in operation is a pleasure. The owner is a lucky man. The video is shown on youtube is really impressive.
And that's the reason why I like this set so much:
The company where I was working for eight years since I was 16 had such a set too. Unfortunately there were many missing parts like the cabinet, the loudspeaker and some tubes. The CRT and both transformers were still in place. I never dared to touch this set and so a can`t say anything more. After the company went bankrupt I never saw the set again. I hope it was not demaged and came into good hands.
Greetings Josef
Old 03-20-2009, 09:27 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yagosaga View Post
Steve,

this control panel has only two switches. One switch is for sound (Ton), the other for vision (Bild). You can use this set as a radio, when switching on sound (Ton). When you switch on vision, the vision power supply, the valves of the vision I.F., video demodulator and the deflection units are heated, and the E.H.T. transformer is activated.

Kind regards,
Eckhard

so you could get just the TV audio? cool feature i think!
Old 05-04-2009, 08:34 AM
VK Member

Hello.

Yes, I can select between tv audio and tv audio and vision.
In times of no television broadcast, the television transmitter was used for radio broadcasting.

Here is another video, I have recorded today with some still images from the chassis and a short video clip. See the color of the phosphor. The white is a yellowish white, not that blue-tinted white of modern P4 phosphors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAHnJqaD06A

Meanwhile, the number of surviving Telefunken FE VIs increased up to ten. As a result of such videos on Youtube, other people reported further FE VIs which existence was not known before.

Kind regards,
Eckhard