Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-14-2013, 01:00 AM
VideoKarma Member

There are 2 possible issues feeding colour to a mono VTR. First is the sync separator. Since only the field sync is needed in this sort of VTR a problem is unlikely. The second is the signal path. The colour subcarrier could beat with the FM carrier and cause patterning. This won't stop the VTR from working, just that coloured areas may look messy.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:00 AM
que trabaja pierde tiempo

An Ampex vpr 5001 is available in America on ebay now. I own a VR 7003 Ampex which works quite well, only a pulley rubber has to be redone. However, the compatibility between the various Ampex format A is complex. I also have an IVC 601 that works a wonder. and other video machines. You can see everything on Youtube
Old 07-14-2013, 11:02 AM

An Ampex vpr 5001 is available in America on ebay now. I own a VR 7003 Ampex which works quite well, only a pulley rubber has to be redone. However, the compatibility between the various Ampex format A is complex. I also have an IVC 601 that works a wonder. and other video machines. You can see everything on Youtube
Old 07-14-2013, 11:05 AM

There are no incompatibility of reproduction of a color signal recorded by a monochrome vtr. could at most be some disturbance such as "moire" on the video
Old 01-09-2022, 08:59 AM

these video recorders were built mainly for video surveillance or scientific didactic uses. not many were sold even for their high price. about 18,000 DM in 1971. It was a join venture between Philips (LDL 8700 series). Grundig (BK 200 300 400) and Siemens (Sirecord). It seems that the speed of the capstan is not stable, but I am not trying to change the values on the control card. I found the schematic but it was scanned in low resolution and absolutely nothing can be read. The tapes I have come from Grundig BK 301. These VCRs could record and read colors by adding an internal card. my VTR does not have this card. However mechanically excellent machines and could easily compete with the more expensive VPR 1 and 2 Ampex. having a video bandwidth of 5 MHZ
Audiokarma