Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-08-2010, 05:29 PM
VideoKarma Member

Bruce has peace now. May Janice find her way.
Peace to you, Charlie.

Perfection is hard to reach with a screwdriver.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:31 PM
NZ Vintage TV Collector

My condolenses, sounds like your friend was very special and a ''true blue'' TV tech as well by the sounds of it. And at 56, thats too young.

He'll be over the other side keeping himself busy with all those old sets in heaven that need attention.

G.

My YouTube Link - http://www.youtube.com/user/glenz1975?feature=mhsn
Old 06-09-2010, 02:14 AM
VideoKarma Member

It's always so sad to hear things like this , I send my condolences.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:40 AM
On Land

Thanks for the words guys. He will certainly be missed. But wow... I didn't think I'd have to worry about missing him for at least another 15-20 years!

This all goes to show just how important it is to go to the doctor when you're not feeling just right. Something minor can turn into something major really fast.

He who dies with the most toys still dies.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:42 PM
VideoKarma Member

Charlie said: This all goes to show just how important it is to go to the doctor when you're not feeling just right.

Amen. Everybody watch your cholesterol, quit smoking, lose weight, and you geezers over 40 bend over and get your differential checked every year. Doesn't sound like fun but it's best to do.

Perfection is hard to reach with a screwdriver.
Audiokarma
Old 06-10-2010, 06:25 PM
VideoKarma Member

I alway dislike seeing another obituary for an old TV repairman. We are a dying breed!

May your friend Rest In Peace.

I wonder if they still have analog in heaven?
Old 06-10-2010, 07:55 PM
Slave to 1 Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Well guys, he made his final exit during the night. It seems to me the doctors were surprised he made it as long as he did.

Another true TV repairman gone... one that believed in finding that tiny little faulty part instead of changing an entire board.
My prayers go out to your friend, has family and you during this time. Also the same for Yagosaga as well in his struggle.

In addition to the tragedy itself, it really hurts to lose somebody with the talent to work on the bad parts of the PC board instead of swapping it out. OT, I'm wondering if the TV service we used in the past is still around, if he is, he's probably in his 60's now.

I guess we all have to take a step back and think that if you are in good health, be thankful for it.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:13 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Charlie said: This all goes to show just how important it is to go to the doctor when you're not feeling just right.

Amen. Everybody watch your cholesterol, quit smoking, lose weight, and you geezers over 40 bend over and get your differential checked every year. Doesn't sound like fun but it's best to do.
I must add that breathing that solder smoke is likely to cause some to have problems. I remember as a child a Sony repair shop let me inside the back and I think they had a ventilation system for that smoke. Does anybody know of such systems?

I am very sorry another great person past. It is sweet to think of all of you hanging out and watching old movies, etc. on old sets.

Eckhard is a wonderful man and I will include him in my prayers as well.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:00 PM
VideoKarma Member

Same here, True electronics technicians are a very rare breed these day especally those who have intimate knolwidge of valve technoligy
Old 06-20-2010, 09:59 PM
VideoKarma Member

I may not know the tricks of the trade the old dogs did, as i was never around any old dogs growing up, but I am 24 and i do understand and make use of valve technology, as well as the most modern technology. like TVs these days are just computers with a screen that run linux or other variants of unix. But i do have to agree, we are a dying breed. and it royally sucks. I am still young and stupid, but there are no more mentors around to look up to anymore.

I used to look up to a teacher in my 5th grade class whos husband was an electronics technician. that was quite the experience. but you know, thats only been one experience, and the only one. I learned electronics strictly through knowledge and mistakes. especially mistakes. When i made a disastrous mistake, i always figured out what, why and how. thats the best avenue to go at least for me.

Sorry for your loss bro.
Audiokarma