Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-03-2023, 12:29 PM
VideoKarma Member

You Zenith guys might like this story.

I got a call yesterday afternoon from one of my old customers. She called about getting a digital converter and small antenna to add a specific local ABC channel to her old Zenith console but that's not the story.

I hadn't heard from her in years and she reminded me that I had fixed her old Zenith 31" console back in 2016 for no sound and it's still running fine. She told me her neighbor told her back in 2016 to just replace it with a new TV and that her neighbor has now bought THREE TVs since 2016 - they're lasting about 2 years each on average (nobody turns down the LED level on TVs...)

I remembered that Zenith 31" as it kind of kicked my butt a bit. This was the C3 split chassis and I ended up replacing just about every cap in the signal board including that little sub board towards the back plus all the caps on the sweep board as well as they were also leaking. It's been running flawlessly since 2016 - amazing since she's older and watches the crap out of that TV.

John
Old 08-03-2023, 03:17 PM
VideoKarma Member

That is amazing!

My dad had a 1985 Zenith Space Command 19" Tabletop model TV that he bought brand new and we used it quite a bit up until 2012 or so when the TV finally died because I was trying to adjust the screen adjustments to make the screen brighter (and correct the color imbalance) because it was looking a bit on the blah side, and when I was making those adjustments, my screwdriver slipped and arced against the board shorting it out, otherwise that TV would of still been working to this day.