Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Diagnostic & Test Equipment

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-26-2016, 10:19 AM
VideoKarma Member

Craigslist ad "antique tubes, tube tester,TV analyzer, transistors,lamps"

I don't know much about this kind of stuff but I think someone might find this useful, I found this craigslist ad in southern MD "Large lot of antique tubes, tube tester,TV analyzer, transistors,lamps".

https://annapolis.craigslist.org/clt/5366826567.html

Last edited by 1980'sTVman; 02-16-2016 at 10:34 AM. Reason: fixed the title
Old 02-12-2016, 08:20 PM
VideoKarma Member

I'll keep my $200
Old 02-13-2016, 03:26 PM
Banned

That "tube tester" looks more like a picture tube tester/rejuvenator.
Old 02-13-2016, 03:44 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainclock View Post
That "tube tester" looks more like a picture tube tester/rejuvenator.
That is exactly what it is. I have the same model B&K466 tester as my main CRT tester.

The B&K466 is probably $25 to the right person, the B&K1077 analyst (at least it looks to be one) is probably $10-30, and the tubes (unless there are a bunch of sweep and audiophool types I don't see) and other small parts are worth maybe $5-25. All told it would be stupid to plunk down more than $70 on this at most IMHO.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 02-13-2016, 04:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
That is exactly what it is. I have the same model B&K466 tester as my main CRT tester.

The B&K466 is probably $25 to the right person, the B&K1077 analyst (at least it looks to be one) is probably $10-30, and the tubes (unless there are a bunch of sweep and audiophool types I don't see) and other small parts are worth maybe $5-25. All told it would be stupid to plunk down more than $70 on this at most IMHO.
That sounds about right, my tube collection I have (which mostly consists of NOS and Used tubes that I've aquired over the years from people giving me old radios to monkey around with but then they ended up getting smoked so I had to salvage the tubes from them and recycling the radios, or people giving me boxes of old tubes and old tube caddies, which a lot of the tubes I have are old audiophile tubes and old TV Tubes (lots of 12AX7, 12AT7 and 12AU7 tubes, a small hand full of 6BQ5s and 6AQ5s and some old 2A5s and 25Z5 tubes and some various others. and then I have a couple of fairly nice tube testers (a B&K 606/666 tube tester that a friend of mine gave me and a Sencore Mighty Mite VII tube tester that I bought from an antique shop for $20 and then my latest aquisition a Tektronix 453 Oscilloscope that I paid $28 at the local antique mall. So I think that the person selling this stuff is thinking that just because its old its automatically worth big bux, so he's charging an arm and a leg for this stuff.
Audiokarma