Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-06-2015, 07:42 PM
VideoKarma Member

The BW episodes are easy to see with the bloom around the candles, etc. Not sure what cams ABC 16 had then. They are also easy to spot because they had no zooms on those cams. Just a lot of dollying the cams up close in 1955 style...way to close. That is all they had and the directors knew how to do it. The color episodes...GE cams maybe...had zooms and you can see the difference in the production with a little help from the zoom. The color from the cams is not TK in my opinion. Not as rich or cartoonish but very accurate. Lime green outfits look lime green. The show is too dark for bright colors.

This last Saturday started with color episodes...with a few subbed with BW kines for missing tapes. Then they went back to the early Barnabas intro episodes in BW for the remainder of the air slot as in the previous weekend.

Lip sync is great on my off-air recordings. These sub channels seem to be an internet stream to the local station with all the latency issues abounding. Any sync issue would seem to be local at the station or the xfer to your local cable or that your Vizionitronics-brand-Walgreen-Halloween-special-bargain-720d set you bought with a Snappy stillframe processor might induce

Last edited by Dave A; 11-06-2015 at 08:02 PM. Reason: text
Old 11-07-2015, 04:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgadow View Post
Neither my wife or I had ever seen Dark Shadows, and the recent marathon has just had her shaking her head! She can't believe that such a low-budget show existed. What I saw of it looked pretty neat.

Apparently GetTV is trying to keep up with Antenna TV and is adding the Merv Griffin show to their schedule.

The Merv Griffin Show was where he sang the song "I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts" song which was used in the Lion King and several other movies.
Old 11-07-2015, 06:18 PM
Zenith Walton My 1st TV

Wish one of them would resurrect the old Steve Allen Westinghouse-syndicated shows from the early '60s. I used to sneak in to the living room to watch Steve Allen to see what kind of crazy stunt he might pull off, after the old man had shut down and gone to bed.
Old 11-07-2015, 07:23 PM
Zenith Walton My 1st TV

Tonight, watching some Green Hornet on Decades, and the audio sync appears perfect.