Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:10 PM
VideoKarma Member

Trying To Identify A Sylvania Halolight TV

I am confused about which model halolight tv I have. The label on the back cover reads model 21T103B. However when I looked up the model at the radio museum website it showed this model number as the "Balmoral". The description says that it is a table model and the picture shows the word sylvania in a different position on the front trim piece and the small knob on the left corner doesn't exist in the picture. Also it does not mention anything about a base for the tv. Any help would be appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg halo5.jpg (82.7 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg halolight1.jpg (69.4 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg halolight2.jpg (61.9 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg balmoral.jpg (10.3 KB, 26 views)
Old 08-18-2013, 09:54 PM
VideoKarma Member

Maybe made the same model a couple of years and changed the trim on it one year. I'd go by what's on the back.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:46 PM
Administrator

The base is probably an option, the one on your set is likely removable since it also has a place for a speaker in the top part.
The other differences might be as Gregg suggested, a model year variation, or the B suffix might denote some minor variation, or the museum could just be wrong.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:27 AM
VideoKarma Member

Is the small knob in the lower left corner for the brightness of the halolight?
Old 08-19-2013, 09:57 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA561 View Post
I am confused about which model halolight tv I have. The label on the back cover reads model 21T103B. However when I looked up the model at the radio museum website it showed this model number as the "Balmoral". The description says that it is a table model and the picture shows the word sylvania in a different position on the front trim piece and the small knob on the left corner doesn't exist in the picture. Also it does not mention anything about a base for the tv. Any help would be appreciated.
Not all the Sylvanias had Halolight.
I never saw one with the small knob. The last one I worked on didn't have Halolight. As someone else stated, the small knob is probably for the Halolight brightness.
Audiokarma
Old 08-19-2013, 10:51 AM
VideoKarma Member

the B probably is the later version with alterations like the little knob and maybe the cabinet too , i have an emerson i think 644B , the difference is two knobs were removed from the front ( like the 10" version has ) and located in the back and they actualy have knobs on them in the back , other emersons from that point on also have just the two knobs in the front , so i'd say the sylvania is a later production with alterations

mike