Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Diagnostic & Test Equipment

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-18-2011, 08:34 PM
VideoKarma Member

Question Sencore CR-70 Confused

Hello all! I have a CR-70 and have read the manual a few times now and there are a couple parts that confuse me and was wondering if someone can help me with them?

1.) When using the universal adapter on a color CRT the clip has to be changed for each color gun. After having the clip on the pin# for red and testing do I then turn the function dial all the way back to "FIL SET" remove the clip from the red gun pin turn the gun select knob to green and connect the clip to the green gun pin and proceed to test and do the same for the blue? Wondering if this saves it in memory for the "color tracking" test.

2.) When using a numbered socket adapter for a color crt I connect the socket from the tester to the back of the crt. I have the gun select on red and all the numbers right. I proceed to test but when I am ready to move on to the next color do I turn the "Function" knob all the way back to fil set turn the knob to green on the gun select and change the "Individual Gun Setup" knob (K) (which would change for each color) to the correct number and proceed to test and move on to blue which is the last gun?

I hope someone can help me. These testers are very popular and have been out for quite some time now but I can't seem to find the info I need. I have looked everywhere and I want to make sure I am using this tester correctly so that I get the results desired.

As you can tell I am new here but looking to get into the hobby of restoring any crt's and I hope someone can help me.
Thanks!