Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-20-2019, 11:12 PM
VideoKarma Member

Hitachi Hi-Fi VCR Model VT-F380A recently acquired

Hello everyone the other day I was at a local Goodwill and found a Hitachi Hi-Fi VCR Model VT-F380A in excellent shape for $2.50 and I was wondering if it was considered a decent performing VCR or not and when it was made.

By the looks of it and the fact that it as the old style split wire cord (as opposed to the one piece cord like the later units had) I was thinking this might of been mid to late 1990s but I'm not sure and it seems to have some nice features like digital auto tracking and auto head cleaning and even front mounted AV inputs.

Any information about this VCR would be appreciated, and also what the original remote would of looked like so I could locate one for it on fleabay would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 03-21-2019, 05:35 PM
M is for Memory

If you can test before you buy (could always bring a test tape and a portable TV/monitor if there is power) it is hard to NOT get your monies worth.

Granted the Hitatchi my folks had when I was a kid in the 90's seemed to die in under 5 years of moderate use.

With the glut of VCRs in thrifts ~2-5 years ago (each goodwill would have like 40 decks on the shelves) average units like that got boring fast...Whenever I see a deck I pass unless it is S-VHS (or one of the HD capable VHS formats), a top loader, or something unusual...There's still millions of VCRs out there better to have a few awesome ones that you'll use than a semi-truck load of mediocrity that you'll never use.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 03-21-2019, 06:19 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
If you can test before you buy (could always bring a test tape and a portable TV/monitor if there is power) it is hard to NOT get your monies worth.

Granted the Hitatchi my folks had when I was a kid in the 90's seemed to die in under 5 years of moderate use.

With the glut of VCRs in thrifts ~2-5 years ago (each goodwill would have like 40 decks on the shelves) average units like that got boring fast...Whenever I see a deck I pass unless it is S-VHS (or one of the HD capable VHS formats), a top loader, or something unusual...There's still millions of VCRs out there better to have a few awesome ones that you'll use than a semi-truck load of mediocrity that you'll never use.
Well I mainly needed a backup unit for my LCD Projector Movie setup in my Livingroom which I had a late 80s Mitsubishi unit but then sold it to a friend of mine because his late 90s Panasonic S-VHS deck died. my main deck for my LCD Projector is a 1987 JVC prosumer grade VHS Deck Model HR-D630U (which was the Prosumer version of the S-VHS Deck that looked just like it), and I bought it from Goodwill complete with its original remote and owners manual a couple years ago for $10.