Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Television Broadcast Gear

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-17-2018, 07:28 PM
M is for Memory

Great news.

BTW: Gotta ask. What does the 'LAUNCH' button do?

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 02-17-2018, 07:57 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Great news.

BTW: Gotta ask. What does the 'LAUNCH' button do?
uhhhh, nothing.
Old 02-17-2018, 09:14 PM
M is for Memory

Old 03-07-2018, 08:55 PM
VideoKarma Member

Some research seems to indicate that the later all solid-state Hitachi FP-C1 and possibly the FP-7 used the same 28 pin connector. Frustratingly, neither of those models seem to have documentation online I can find as well.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:12 PM
VideoKarma Member

More poking finds at least three remote control units at least, the RU-Z1, RV-C1 and the RU-C1(U) have the same 28 pin connector, but no promises that it will work. No biggie there. I just need the pinout.
Nothing. Zilch. Nadda. Why in the goddamn name of hell is it seemingly impossible to even find the operators manuals for these things??? Every single product I've found so far has been completely devoid of any documentation online. I can find them for sale but if it's just a passive box I don't give a damn.

Last edited by MIPS; 03-13-2018 at 10:16 PM.
Audiokarma
Old 05-23-2019, 11:27 PM
VideoKarma Member

Sure enough, the other camera went up for grabs and I pounced on it. No lens controls, no tally light and no viewfinder.

I have not put it on the bench and tested it yet but I don't have any reason to expect it to be not working. Unfortunately I have still been unable to locate any documentation for the camera or the CCU pinout.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:20 AM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Still would LOVE to have me a working TK-40....I'd hoist it up on my shoulder, connect a recorder to it, & hire out for weddings, christenings, proms, stuff like that. These l'il tinkertoys of today ? Ha ! I'd SHOW 'em what REAL RCA 1954 color is SPOSED to look like.... (Grin) And yeah, I KNOW I couldn't really manhandle a TK-40 around on my shoulder..I kinda doubt there's enuf room in my basement for even HALF of a TK-40 chain, & I doubt if there's anywhere close HEADROOM to stuff a 40, Houston-Fearless dolly el al down there... And all the POWER a TK-40 chain & lights want, it would likely make the local TVA generation plant go "Chug !" rather loudly.

still w
Old 05-24-2019, 08:44 AM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
Still would LOVE to have me a working TK-40....I'd hoist it up on my shoulder, connect a recorder to it, & hire out for weddings, christenings, proms, stuff like that. These l'il tinkertoys of today ? Ha ! I'd SHOW 'em what REAL RCA 1954 color is SPOSED to look like.... (Grin) And yeah, I KNOW I couldn't really manhandle a TK-40 around on my shoulder..I kinda doubt there's enuf room in my basement for even HALF of a TK-40 chain, & I doubt if there's anywhere close HEADROOM to stuff a 40, Houston-Fearless dolly el al down there... And all the POWER a TK-40 chain & lights want, it would likely make the local TVA generation plant go "Chug !" rather loudly.

still w
I'm still young n strong and I'd probably need to hire a leprechaun to collect up all the stars moons, n fore leaf clover I'd be seeing if I tried to pick one up myself.

Old 05-24-2019, 09:41 AM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Hehehehe... Yeah, I'm 62, have a knee that likes to play tricks & make me fall in a heap, my days of wrasslin' stuff WAY over my gross vehicle weight are a good 20-25 years in my past... I DID pick up a 289 short block once & I saw moons, stars, planets, Tweety Boyds, the whole business, & I never done THAT Stupidicas shyte again... I dunno what I'd be more concerned with trying to hoist a working TK-40-Boogering my back/legs up, or woofing a rare & valuable antique camera...Even I've managed to get a tiny bit Schmarter about some things w/age...
Old 05-24-2019, 09:56 AM
See yourself on Color TV!

[QUOTE=Sandy G;3211573]... And all the POWER a TK-40 chain & lights want, it would likely make the local TVA generation plant go "Chug !" rather loudly.

C'mon - one of the NBC color vans used only 18kW 3 phase 240v. You could easily hook up an alternator to a bicycle for that - HA! Add a second bicycle and the extra van, and you could have video tape.

Edit: that might have been 18 kw per phase?
Audiokarma
Old 05-24-2019, 02:16 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

They got onto me once about firing up all my Boat Anchors at the same time...One of these days, I'll post a missive about the great, grand, & glorious entity known as "TVA".... Load o' Laffs, lemme tell ya what...It used to be said that in the Tennessee Valley, there was God, & there was TVA.... But today, its hard to tell which is which....