Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > General Off Topic Forums

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-21-2018, 08:29 PM
VideoKarma Member

I lost it all.

So um, I have officially lost everything, my belongings, my home, etc. I was living with my father for a while because I fell on hard times, but lately through his alcoholic rage, I got kicked out. I even was removed from his will. I won't go into specifics, but my (now girlfriend) was on the phone with me when it happened, and we both agreed, nothing I could have said would have been "right" in his state of mind. Sadly, I could only take what I could put in my car, and I only brought what I needed. One TV, a few game consoles, my computers, and all of my documents like my birth certificate, SS card, medical records, etc. That was it.

I lost my vintage TV sets, my vintage emud radio, all of them. He has officially tossed them all in the trash.

Anyway, where I live now, I can't really collect TV's anyway, I don't think my girlfriend would appreciate it, and she's my world, so I guess my collecting is over.
Old 10-21-2018, 09:28 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnx64 View Post
So um, I have officially lost everything, my belongings, my home, etc. I was living with my father for a while because I fell on hard times, but lately through his alcoholic rage, I got kicked out. I even was removed from his will. I won't go into specifics, but my (now girlfriend) was on the phone with me when it happened, and we both agreed, nothing I could have said would have been "right" in his state of mind. Sadly, I could only take what I could put in my car, and I only brought what I needed. One TV, a few game consoles, my computers, and all of my documents like my birth certificate, SS card, medical records, etc. That was it.

I lost my vintage TV sets, my vintage emud radio, all of them. He has officially tossed them all in the trash.

Anyway, where I live now, I can't really collect TV's anyway, I don't think my girlfriend would appreciate it, and she's my world, so I guess my collecting is over.
Just about everyone on this forum had their bad times, where nothing seemed to go right.
At this time every business is just about begging for help in this area!
I guess, I was fortunate to land jobs that were in my line of interest, but if I had to take something that I wasn't really interested in, I would take it to keep money coming in until something better came along.
Old 10-21-2018, 10:13 PM
VideoKarma Member

The primary problem is I had a pulmonary embolism in December, and am still healing and can't work. He knew this, and didn't care, sent me out on the road with no plans for a home, or even a method of taking care of myself.
Old 10-22-2018, 09:45 AM
M is for Memory

If you can sit awake in a chair for ~8 hours, work a computer and or answer phones there are probably dozens of jobs out there you could do right now.

If you can afford storage of some kind or your own place and you watch the curb at your former residence for your stuff you could be back to your old living conditions minus the alcoholic.

My folks always advised me 'never get involved with a woman that has alcohol, drug, or gambling addiction. Their addiction means more to them than literally anyone or thing that will ever be in their life and those around them will suffer'. I feel bad for those who are born into that situation.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 10-22-2018, 10:13 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
The primary problem is I had a pulmonary embolism in December, and am still healing and can't work. He knew this, and didn't care, sent me out on the road with no plans for a home, or even a method of taking care of myself.
File for SS Disability! Your Doctor should back you up on this.
There's people out there that never worked a day in their life collecting it. At least you deserve it! That is a very serious operation and all this hassle isn't making your recovery any easier.
Audiokarma
Old 10-22-2018, 12:04 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
File for SS Disability! Your Doctor should back you up on this.
There's people out there that never worked a day in their life collecting it. At least you deserve it! That is a very serious operation and all this hassle isn't making your recovery any easier.
Was denied 2 times, got a lawyer involved now. Doctor did back me up, didn't help. I'm trying. I don't even want to be on SS forever, I just want it till I get better so that I can work again, and I like hands on work, not sit at home jobs, I get bored too easily there. The hands on electronics repair jobs are my favorites.
Old 10-22-2018, 07:00 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
My folks always advised me 'never get involved with a woman that has alcohol, drug, or gambling addiction. Their addiction means more to them than literally anyone or thing that will ever be in their life and those around them will suffer'. I feel bad for those who are born into that situation.
No kidding, any alcohol or drug use at all would be a deal-breaker for me. Now that all of the loadies around here can blaze up legally it will be easier to separate the wheat from the chaff. Fortunately individual places can still ban it; my building has, we had to sign and return notices agreeing to not use or grow chron here.

I wasn't born into such a situation but was railroaded into one at age 4 when my mom took in a controlling SOB whose drinking kept getting worse until it finally killed him in 2003. He treated both of us horribly but I was the primary target. Perhaps it was some kind of protection circuit if you will that made my interests shut down for a few years and slowly restart when all was clear. I reckon that's one reason for the LFOD attitude I have these days and that I'll go as many rounds as it takes with any MFer who tries to mess with me.
Old 10-28-2018, 08:37 AM
Analogue is Awesome

I am so sorry lnx64.. I hope when your dad calms down,he will realise what he did.....

Being drunk is bad
Old 10-28-2018, 10:23 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon A. View Post
No kidding, any alcohol or drug use at all would be a deal-breaker for me. Now that all of the loadies around here can blaze up legally it will be easier to separate the wheat from the chaff. Fortunately individual places can still ban it; my building has, we had to sign and return notices agreeing to not use or grow chron here.

I wasn't born into such a situation but was railroaded into one at age 4 when my mom took in a controlling SOB whose drinking kept getting worse until it finally killed him in 2003. He treated both of us horribly but I was the primary target. Perhaps it was some kind of protection circuit if you will that made my interests shut down for a few years and slowly restart when all was clear. I reckon that's one reason for the LFOD attitude I have these days and that I'll go as many rounds as it takes with any MFer who tries to mess with me.
I never heard the term "Chron". Thought the term meant "Time".
Old 10-28-2018, 11:55 AM
VideoKarma Member

Crap, well, I lost it all....again. Now I lost my girlfriend, and just had to drive to my grandparents place.

So now on top of it, I'm even more so depressed.. Oh well, maybe I'm just not allowed to have happiness in life anymore?
Audiokarma
Old 10-28-2018, 01:37 PM
M is for Memory

Life has storms...Ride them out and things will get better.

You probably want to look for ways to gain independence quickly. If your welcome at your grandparents' place grows thin you could be in deep excrement if you don't have a job.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 10-28-2018, 03:04 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
I never heard the term "Chron". Thought the term meant "Time".
I heard it only once, from Shorty in Scary Movie 2 as he spoke to his dope plant. At least he also made a couple of true statements about the effects of the stuff. Then the plant got really big, came to life, rolled a fatty out of him and his bedsheet, then blazed up his 'fro and started toking up a storm as a random Reggae melody played in the background.

While I don't condone the use of that stuff I will poke fun at it.
Quote:
Crap, well, I lost it all....again. Now I lost my girlfriend, and just had to drive to my grandparents place.

So now on top of it, I'm even more so depressed.. Oh well, maybe I'm just not allowed to have happiness in life anymore?
Your statement about her not approving of your TV collecting and giving it up just because of that raised a red flag for me. It may seem to suck now but I'll bet you'll end up glad you're rid of her.
Old 10-28-2018, 08:49 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:

Hopefully, the grandparents are your mother's parents. They seem to be a bit more compassionate.
Bad blood in any family is a terrible thing.
Old 10-28-2018, 08:54 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon A. View Post
I heard it only once, from Shorty in Scary Movie 2 as he spoke to his dope plant.
Charon.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/289bf5f...f-35e0d372d6e6

Attached Images
File Type: jpg charon plant.jpg (66.6 KB, 107 views)
Old 10-29-2018, 08:26 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Hopefully, the grandparents are your mother's parents. They seem to be a bit more compassionate.
Bad blood in any family is a terrible thing.
Yes, my mothers parents, but yes and no on the compassionate. They are complaining it's hard on them being here, as if their grandson being homeless isn't hard on me.. Also, they have some of the most hell bent, illogical rules I have ever heard out of a persons mouth: Can't use my laptop outside of my room because it's anti-social. I'm ok though to lock myself in a room with my laptop though? Then ask me to fix their computer to "earn my money", yet wouldn't that be anti-social as well? Wtaf?

And they talk to me about being anti social with a laptop when they are GLUED to the TV screen watching all sorts of things and then spying on their neighbors. How in the? My mind hurts, and I just feel like running away *again*, because why suffer under some of the most illogical rules that make no sense, and taking away my life? What they don't realize is, I work on my laptop to earn money as well via my YouTube channel. I edit videos, I script them, find source material, etc. But totally anti-social and they think it's unhealthy. I am doing something to earn money, they are watching TV to kill time until.....well I guess until they pass. Sad as it is, that's really what they are doing.

But I'm totally in the wrong here. I'm tired of illogical thinking, it makes not only no sense whatsoever, it is the reason I have been kicked out of two locations now, because I seem to be the only one with logical though, except my mother. My mother lives with her parents as well, so my mother is in this house as well, and SHE can't stand it either and plans to possibly get an apartment once she can, so we both can just escape. She doesn't like my old TV collection either, but at least she understands why I do it, and doesn't tell me *no*.
Audiokarma