Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Vintage Home Gaming

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:29 AM
i <3 my Denon

Sega Saturn

So...I was in GW one day and found a Sega Saturn for $8. Great! I had one as an early teen...but I only ever had like...4 games. The three that came with it (Daytona USA, Virtua Fighter, Virtua Cop) and Gex...which Id played on the PC. I also had a handful of sampler discs.

So, needless to say; this system always had a bit of a mystique to it. I chose it over the playstation because the specs were better...but not long afterwards Saturn went away and not a year later I replaced it with a Playstation. I felt bad I never got to play with this thing, Sega had some unique games.

Anyway, its years later now. So I did what I've always wanted to do; throw a modchip in the thing. Much to my surprise, someone is *still* making one.

So, some dabs of solder, a power feed, two ribbon cables, foam mounting tape and a CD-R later...and it was Bulls vs Nets in NBA Jam. I beat the Nets 101 to 98 too. 3 pointer at the buzzer.

The only downside is the 30year old me had to work in the morning and was still up at 3am...beating the Patriots as Dallas in Madden '98.

Flashback moment classic gamers!

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-22-2013, 01:30 AM
VideoKarma Member

For years I've wanted to pick up a Saturn so I could play Beyond Oasis 2... The first part for the Genesis was pretty good.

So, still on the want-list.
Old 06-21-2016, 10:29 PM
VideoKarma Member

Work sucks, always getting in the way of good gaming time.

I have my modded Saturn a few feet away right now. I hope your using high quality 650MB discs and burning at no more than 4x. Anything else will kill that laser quick! I have done a lot of replacements from people burning crappy rips with mp3 audio at the fastest speed. If your Saturn ever sends you to the menu mid-game while playing a cd-r, the issue has begun.