Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-09-2008, 06:21 PM
VideoKarma Member

Found a CTC-15 Today!

I haven't come across a tube set or a roundie in AGES, and went to a small town thrift store that I go to once a month, and they mentioned they had an old set I might like. Not knowing anything about sets they were saying it was one of the first tv's made. I'm thinking "Oh great, a black & white I won't be interested in". Imagine my surprise when I went in the back and it was a roundie! It's the simple "plain jane" cabinet with screw on legs. NO UHF. Cabinet is a tad beat, but should polish up well. Took the back off at the store and it was WELL used. Chassis is super dusty, so a high hour set. I saw it had a replacement 21FJ put in in 1970. Set has sound and no pix. I turned it on at the store and could hear high voltage come up, so perhaps it's a video output tube. Flyback looked good, and I can tell it's been replaced. Would be nice if was something simple. I'll keep you posted, and will try and get some pix posted.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:41 PM
VideoKarma Member

That's a great find...hopefully the CRT is still good. Sometimes if the chassis has continued to work it can be kind of both a blessing and a curse...when the chassis still is working I think people would use it till the picture could not be seen anymore due to a weak CRT and then use it to listen to the sound!