Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-09-2016, 05:46 PM
VideoKarma Member

Picked up a Panasonic AG-1300 VHS VCR today

Headed up to a local flea market this morning and found this Panasonic for $1 in what was unsold estate sale boxes. Its outer case is beat up and the prior owner smoked but it fired right up after a good cleaning. "Super" 4-Head, quasi-SVHS playback, but only mono. Made in Japan, some of the other "newer" AGs I have are Malaysian.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160409_172127[1].jpg (76.8 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 20160409_150733[2].jpg (126.0 KB, 17 views)
Old 04-09-2016, 06:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damnation View Post
Headed up to a local flea market this morning and found this Panasonic for $1 in what was unsold estate sale boxes. Its outer case is beat up and the prior owner smoked but it fired right up after a good cleaning. "Super" 4-Head, quasi-SVHS playback, but only mono. Made in Japan, some of the other "newer" AGs I have are Malaysian.
My high school I went to school had a few of those, except the hi-fi versions of this unit. I believe they date back to the late 1990s or early 2000s right around the time they started to cheapen up VCRs including the SVHS units. I had gotten from a garage sale once a pro-grade JVC HI-FI SVHS VCR from about 1988 that worked perfectly yet, the only thing it didn't have was its original remote (which the owner said that they had lost it at some point in time) anyways I had ended up giving it to Goodwill because I found something that was a little lighter weight wise and that was just as vintage.